Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I'm wondering is how much of the Basement you can actually clear if you've got just a cleric and a tank?

If he's in the basement, take your buds and grab fatty room. If he's in fatty, grab the basement. They're separate camps. He can't claim all of it and there's no way they're clearing the full thing.
Oh man way ahead of you, camping the ghost on my main so I can pass the boots to the tank in his party so he won't get to roll on em. The tank in his party is very neutral on the situation and I dont blame him.

Best part is the cleric (Maangchi) has GEB's but wants the Dwarf in party who has Bronze boots to roll on the dwarven work boots. He wont default the upgrade to the guy who is carrying him thru his XP. So not only is he XP greedy, he's loot greedy too. What a guy.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe he's kind of an ass for doing this, but certainly not an RnF-worthy ass. Technically, your post is somewhat of the pot calling the kettle black if you look at it this way: he's trying to min/max his EXP per hour by doing this, and you're trying to min/max your EXP per hour by playing in a high ZEM zone.

The Unrest basement isn't the only place you could be, but you want that ZEM bonus. Don't rag on someone for min/maxing their EXP when you're essentially doing the same thing by focusing on Unrest and not going somewhere else without a ZEM.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefpoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man way ahead of you, camping the ghost on my main so I can pass the boots to the tank in his party so he won't get to roll on em. The tank in his party is very neutral on the situation and I dont blame him.
It's funny how you leave the tank alone when you should be just as annoyed at them. The tank could easily say "I think this is a rude move by you so I'm not grouping unless you let more people in"

I've seen people do that before. The tank is perpetuating the issue you're so infuriated about lol
Old 02-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

My merbs,
My merbs,
My merbs are on fiah.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

I'm going to get into the HHK goblin group, eventually become leader, then kick everyone out and invite my two lv 50 buddies who will powerlevel me. I'm sure we can keep that basement clear.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe he's kind of an ass for doing this, but certainly not an RnF-worthy ass. Technically, your post is somewhat of the pot calling the kettle black if you look at it this way: he's trying to min/max his EXP per hour by doing this, and you're trying to min/max your EXP per hour by playing in a high ZEM zone.

The Unrest basement isn't the only place you could be, but you want that ZEM bonus. Don't rag on someone for min/maxing their EXP when you're essentially doing the same thing by focusing on Unrest and not going somewhere else without a ZEM.
This has been the most effective and constructive criticism. THIS is what I was looking for. TY sir.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny how you leave the tank alone when you should be just as annoyed at them. The tank could easily say "I think this is a rude move by you so I'm not grouping unless you let more people in"

I've seen people do that before. The tank is perpetuating the issue you're so infuriated about lol
This is just the tank for the day. If I were him I'd probably be hush about it too. Maang would just replace him with the next tank in line if he did that. But I feel you though on your point. Thank you for that.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefpoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just the tank for the day. If I were him I'd probably be hush about it too. Maang would just replace him with the next tank in line if he did that. But I feel you though on your point. Thank you for that.
So you would be complicit as long as you were receiving the benefits of said XP hoarding, but its wrong for someone else to do it? Not making much sense here OP. Rant failed, drugs are bad.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Default Ayn Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he doesn't need you to hold down the spawns he is camping, therefore adding you would do nothing but diminish his xp / hour

sorry op but you just need to find another spot in this situation

also try reading some ayn rand while you're waiting to get your spot in a xp group in the highest ZEM locations on your path to 50
I tried slugging through some Rand. Boring writer, and I laugh at all the libtards that push through her stupid books. She also died on welfare, so there's that. Did I mention that libtard actually stands for libertarian retard? How's that grab you!
Old 02-18-2020, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Also that cleric is a jerk. Train him over and over again on a throwaway account until he leaves.
Closed Thread