Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 04:03 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish there was more incentive in classic to add group members. It's only a bonus of 2% per group member added. In later expansions, they made an update that upped the % considerably to entice max groups:

"As it stands in EverQuest, groups gain a 2% to 20% experience bonus, which we refer to as the "group bonus", for having two to six members. In practice, however, this has never been much of a bonus, even in the case of a full group, given that the experience was already being divided six ways.

As of this update, groups now gain 20% to 80% "group bonus" experience for having two to five members.

Full, six-person, groups now see an additional bonus. Their experience is only divided five ways, yet they still gain the 80% "group bonus." For those who think in terms of pie charts, it amounts to a larger piece of a larger pie. "

Sadly, this is not the case on P99.
Let's all RP deeply in groups(and talk about how much our family hates this game and is ready to disown us any day now) to bring the classic vanilla full group back into the mainstream and Make Norrath Great again!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish there was more incentive in classic to add group members. It's only a bonus of 2% per group member added. In later expansions, they made an update that upped the % considerably to entice max groups:

"As it stands in EverQuest, groups gain a 2% to 20% experience bonus, which we refer to as the "group bonus", for having two to six members. In practice, however, this has never been much of a bonus, even in the case of a full group, given that the experience was already being divided six ways.

As of this update, groups now gain 20% to 80% "group bonus" experience for having two to five members.

Full, six-person, groups now see an additional bonus. Their experience is only divided five ways, yet they still gain the 80% "group bonus." For those who think in terms of pie charts, it amounts to a larger piece of a larger pie. "

Sadly, this is not the case on P99.
This is a non-classic change I would support. Maybe not as high as 80%, but something better than what we have now. Not because we want to level faster but to avoid situations like this and incentivize those people to be more inclusive.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

You know, I went and checked this out today.

I'm fine with somebody sticking to a duo and hoarding a camp... if they're actually clearing it.

The problem with Maangchi and his pet is that they hoard the basement camp defensively, don't let anyone else in and then leave the place at almost full pop. I watched it for a while and I think they maybe managed to clear 1/4th of the mobs at a time. That really is kind of a waste considering that's one of the top 3 xp camps in the game for level 30-35. Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, I went and checked this out today.

I'm fine with somebody sticking to a duo and hoarding a camp... if they're actually clearing it.

The problem with Maangchi and his pet is that they hoard the basement camp defensively, don't let anyone else in and then leave the place at almost full pop. I watched it for a while and I think they maybe managed to clear 1/4th of the mobs at a time. That really is kind of a waste considering that's one of the top 3 xp camps in the game for level 30-35. Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.
THANK YOU!!!!!! I rest my case.

All the rest of you toxic cunts can go die in a tire fire.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Just watch what mobs they actually manage to kill then start killing the other mobs that they dont touch.

Laugh at em while they complain
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-20-2020, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.
So is letting them have the main room (assuming that's where they are set up) and setting up your group past the fake wall and the dark terror spawn, and pulling everything from there to the named.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-20-2020, 06:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is letting them have the main room (assuming that's where they are set up) and setting up your group past the fake wall and the dark terror spawn, and pulling everything from there to the named.
Yeah go try it. He will piss and moan and say its camped then when you ignore him he will contact an officer in your guild telling them that you are KSing his camp.

It's all good. I have plenty of alts to level and when he is too high for unrest ill just lvl the pally again. EZ fix.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Just fraps it
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-20-2020, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefpoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah go try it. He will piss and moan and say its camped then when you ignore him he will contact an officer in your guild telling them that you are KSing his camp.

It's all good. I have plenty of alts to level and when he is too high for unrest ill just lvl the pally again. EZ fix.
He can piss and moan all he wants. When camps are contested, he has to choose what room he wants to camp. Ask FP camp in Unrest how many times they have to give up Bar Room or Magi when someone forces their hand on a crowded night. Does it suck? Yes. Is that player/group a dick for moving in on spawns not in the FP camp and not in LOS of the FP camp but can generally be held down by the FP camp? Maybe. Would I do it? No.

If it were a full group camping basement, I get it. I wouldn't infringe on a player-recognized camp.

But if he's being a dick by shutting people out of one of the best XP spots in the game for that level by duoing instead of being inclusive, game on.

If he petitions, a guide will make him choose what room he wants to camp.

If he posts an RNF here, elf court will rule no rules were broken. If evidence is presented that he was duoing and is probably just getting high green XP from most of the mobs, elf court will not be kind to him.

If your guild leadership will not support you following the rules and would rather you be a doormat, find a better guild.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-20-2020, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefpoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All the rest of you toxic cunts can go die in a tire fire.
This sounds like a rather toxic statement to me, and at least marginally cunty. What's that saying about glass houses...