Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Aviak

While you all are talking about editing the wiki, could someone kindly add something to the newbie guide to remind us to train meditate? I hit 13 on my Enchanter before someone mentioned it. You tend to forget these things after a half-decade absence :P
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know how to play with the wiki.

What I do know is that it takes a lot of experience to be able to determine what is and what is not Classic about the server, how to research things from 14 years ago, and be accurate in your assessments. Even the developers come up empty from time to time, and they have the best resource of Classic EverQuest players in existence.

So in my opinion, relax, enjoy the game for a while, get to learn the zeitgeist here and go with the flow until you learn the rules of our little society.
Where in this quote does the wiki motto of "Edit boldly" shine through? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resheph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you all are talking about editing the wiki, could someone kindly add something to the newbie guide to remind us to train meditate? I hit 13 on my Enchanter before someone mentioned it. You tend to forget these things after a half-decade absence :P
I know I've read, somewhere on there, about how you have to train meditate at 4.

The wiki is great, but it is great in its entirety. You can't just read two or three (or eight) articles on there and be set. You really need to have it bookmarked and peruse it every time you aren't busy in game, and like that it is a super great resource.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Orc

ok. I have pulled all 3 of my Prima Guide for EQ. Including a Kunark/Velious guide.. they are 10+ years old, but the first few pages contain just obscene amount of lore, and history of the continents. Along with the wars.

I will get a log in tonight, and over the next few months try to dump as much lore as I can into it.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Orc

I have an official Everquest guide that is original only, made by "989 Studios" with a ton of lore. It actually is an impressive guide, aside from giving a detailed map of every city, listing all important locations (guildmasters, professions, banks, etc.). In addition to that it details how the game was designed and meant to be played. For instance, if an NPC you hail has something in brackets (i.e. [Captain Billybob], [Tiger Claw]) but does not respond to any phrase with it then it says they are referring you to another NPC or hinting at an item that they need/want or to deliver it to so-and-so(when applicable). It also points out that this is only one of the three types of quests in the game. On top of that it list hints about quests (most of which I think people manage to figure out, I didn't read them all) and information regarding individuals, not in the sense of lore but quest related. I probably should have read it in more detail but I was too young to want to do anything else but play. I was probably like 15 or 16 and it is 200+ pages.

If the prima guides are anything like this, they are really useful. I don't think I'd actually want to write any lore because it sounds like a lot of work but if you have any original eq lore then I can double check it with mine if you'd like.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

I have no idea how to edit the wiki, but I wish you luck in doing so as i'd love to read the lore you have to submit, the wiki is a little dry on lore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Orc

Ya the orignal guide and the Kunark guide are from 989. But Velious was Prima
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Hi,

You're welcome to work on adding more lore to the wiki, that would be great!

Right now it has the "official" history of the world here, and some for the dieties and races. Also the cities have a little "unofficial lore" (originally from EQAtlas). But individual mobs don't have much.

I look over most changes so I will let you know how to fit it in best with the current style of the wiki, if need be.
Closed Thread