Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Default New to the Community

Greetings,

I was recently made aware of this place. Yes, I've been under a rock...

This is something I've hoped for, a fresh start in what was the prime for this game. I know I end up rambling on about the EC tunnel, with it's passer by's selling at the torches and the general friendliness toward grouping.

How each class has his or her own unique role. The old spell gems, and models.

Sorry if I am repeating what others may have also done before. I hope to bring at least a few more people with me and I'll try to spread the word.

Thank you for making this game possible.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Welcome. Pick a server and let those in EC Tunnel or /ooc (if Red is selected) know that you're new and plenty of Veterans will give you a hand.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Aviak

I appreciate the community hospitality.
Not too interested in hand outs. I really want to explore the old dungeons or Runnyeye etc. Earn the gear, or possibly try to figure out the econ and farm materials (gain exp in the process) to sell.

I didn't get a chance to make a toon yet because I was trying to figure out which I'd want to play. They all are actually unique compared to live. I haven't been this excited about a game since I first played. Look forward to helping/grouping and having a good time.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

If you're looking for friends, there are a variety of noobie guilds to choose from. I highly recommend augmenting your play with membership in one. Its a great place to ask questions, fill chat during bad times, ask for assistance in tricky CRs, find ports, and new friends.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Welcome to the game! There are so many kind people on the server and I'm sure you won't have a problem finding people to help you out. Send me a tell in game if you ever need a free port! =)
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Aviak

thanks!

I made a dwarf cleric, and a friend of mine that came with me made a troll SK. Talk about the odd team right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dwarf is named Bismal.
Had a blast taking the ship to FP at level two. Then a "lesser" Mummy got me in EC, and I forgot to buy a bind at FP Gates. Talk about a long CR. haha.

I kept picturing my toon freaking out about the ship. In a comedic sense.

It was great. True consequences to death. Please dev's do not change this original EQ. My friend and I were high on the content. Seeing a 9 dmg 50 delay 2hand sword and bragging about it as if it was amazing.

Seeing all of the EC Tunnel folks selling gear, and just having a good time enjoying what EQ was like when I was just a little toon. I am going to try and bring as many people I know into this, because it's a great escape.
Closed Thread