Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Orc

Default Rooted mob doesn't face aggro'd player

Aggro a mob, root it, and then run behind it.

Mob doesn't turn to face you.

Basic rule in EQ is an aggro'd mob always faces the player at the top of its hate list. This is true even if mob is rooted and out of melee range.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

It should face the player closest to it, no?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Orc

When, if I'm soloing that should be me. Hehe. And they aren't facing me.

I haven't looked at the group mechanics of this phenomenon but the bottom line should be the mob should be facing whoever's at the top of his hate list. If proximity factors in strongly here then you're probably right. Like even if the mob isn't within melee range of anyone, if the whole group sits down I would think the mob should face which groupmember is closest.

All this is academic musing since the point of my post involves the mob's reaction to being rooted by a solo player with nobody else around. It isn't working right.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Project Manager

Should be whomever is closest to a rooted mob, that has the option of being on its hatelist.

Example:

I attack a wan ghoul knight with a paladin for 5 minutes. I then root the mob. It should face me, and wait to come attack me. If someone stands within melee range, it should attack them if it can. If 2 people are in melee range, it should attack whomever is closest. If root breaks, it should return to the paladin if the paladin still has the most hate.

Is this working?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

No it is not working from what ive seen and tested. I use to get thrills out of rooting raid mobs when there 5% health, and then crush an int caster who thinks he can melee.

Also somewhat related - If 5 people are on an NPC, that NPC is not rooted. It will face whoever it is attacking, if that PC goes behind the NPC -While still in melee range- the NPC will not turn around towards that PC until its delay pops back up and it melees again.

Only way I see this being abused is through rogues who solo, attack a mob, go behind it and BS before it melees and resets infront of you.
Closed Thread