Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Orc

Been playing red and just got a breeze from an enchanter and had a nice group in qeynos aqueducts...
Old 03-25-2019, 05:48 AM
Fire Giant

Red is for you if:

* You like low zone populations (most camp spots are free most of the time)
* You have a decent frustration threshold (you will probably get killed some times, and it will often happen unfairly)
* You like to progress fast in groups. 6 men groups are kinda rare on red but when they do happen, xp will really fly. 4 levels per hour even in your 30ties are possible.

It's not for you if:
* You are easily frustrated by unfair behaviour.
* You can't stand people who are on a power trip
* You want a group every time while leveling

As a notice, when i started on red some people were incredibly welcoming and i was gifted stuff that would have taken me months to get on blue. There are a lot of really nice players on red... but of course red also attracts all the sociopaths.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:02 AM
Aviak

Amazing insight into peoples lives around eq1999.. they really leave it all out in the open without shame. Fascinating.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red is more entertaining then blue for sure

blue has the charade, red doesn't, obesity and unemployment levels are equal

source: shit people post
Why isn’t red a reality show already? 20 players in a house LANing it up and every week someone gets maced.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is for you if:

* You like low zone populations (most camp spots are free most of the time)
* You have a decent frustration threshold (you will probably get killed some times, and it will often happen unfairly)
* You like to progress fast in groups. 6 men groups are kinda rare on red but when they do happen, xp will really fly. 4 levels per hour even in your 30ties are possible.

It's not for you if:
* You are easily frustrated by unfair behaviour.
* You can't stand people who are on a power trip
* You want a group every time while leveling

As a notice, when i started on red some people were incredibly welcoming and i was gifted stuff that would have taken me months to get on blue. There are a lot of really nice players on red... but of course red also attracts all the sociopaths.

This is a great summary of what to expect on red. Now I'll add to your list.

Despite the low population, Red is the definition of a social server. The people who help organize groups, travel, and questing, will be the ones to succeed in the game. Unlike blue, you have to socially put yourself out there to get XP groups going. If you're patient and make this happen, you will level. That simple.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

At least the use of shadow step isn't banned when foot racing without scale of wolf for a mob

Do y'all bluebies realize how retarded ur server is

It's so over farmed it reminds me on an episode of hoarders

The poop lady one is good btw
Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I like red for two main reasons:

1. you don't have to compete with 300 people in your guild for raid loot
2. you can literally fight someone for the precious treasures that you crave

also, most of the people on the red forums don't actually play on red server, for what that's worth
Old 03-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why isn’t red a reality show already? 20 players in a house LANing it up and every week someone gets maced.
That's pretty much what it is at present anyhow, just replace "LAN" with "boxing".

I also love the arguement that red99 is great because camps are open all the time. It's a perfect example of the diseased membrane you need to enjoy the current state of red (hint: camps are open because there is literally not enough players to make groups for even 2% the camps in game, ponder this). Everyone has 10 toons because they need a spread of toons across the level ranges just form group.

As a former red99 player most of the people the defend red99 on the forums generally were pretty weird people ingame so they kind of group together ingame and have a sanctuary now.

It's a freak show - penial colony of the diseased, just read the threads I posted.

Oh and anyone saying they play for the PvP is laughable. We all know you aren't there for PvP. That's another diseased statement.
Last edited by White_knight; 03-25-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-25-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

man you have some unhealthy hate for the red server -- like 75% of your posts on forums are about how much you hate it. We get it bro <3

I like red quite a bit for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Also, I will add that our PvE crew is top notch, doing all mobs other than aow and tunare each week. It's a solid community of our raiders, there's pvp when you want it, both at top level and lower level. There's less of a grind due to the xp bonus, and you'll find some cool&normal folks. And, also some weirdos -- the difference is that on red they're overt rather than on blue where many are covert.

All in all, having played on both blue and red for many years, I like red as being a more honest server. Also, there is no variance for, as an example, a Tormax poopsock at 7am.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Kobold

WoW pvp is objectively better than EQ pvp, don't @ me
Closed Thread