Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what version of classic are we talking about? Because jumping definitely interrupts spells right now...
Was talking about Red 1999. This is true actually, I just logged in and tested it. Amazingly, many people on the server aren't aware that this is possible. In ooc chat, there was a large discussion of how there was no way to cancel a spell. That's why I posted, it seems they were all wrong. I even tested ducking and sitting myself and figured that was it. At least there is one way to do it, so my original post stands corrected. I was always partial to ducking, but jumping will do just fine.
Last edited by Wags; 04-30-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

The upside is that you can meditate while casting. Although in terms of a roleplay perspective this makes less sense, people sitting down as they start casting, and then standing up right before the spell finishes. Cancel-casting is more realistic, between the two options.

I'm fine with no cancel-casting at all, but then "meditating while casting" should also be removed, and natural mana regen should be balanced better. Personally, I would change meditate to give large mana boost for every 30 seconds of doing it, rather than being based on the annoying mechanic of having 6 second server-wide ticks, which forces you to anal-retentively cast inbetween server ticks whenever possible, if you want to maximize your mana. This also makes the most sense from a roleplay perspective: meditating is about a period of calm thought, not just sitting down for a second.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

cool fix, now let's fix rooted dragons in tov
Old 04-30-2019, 08:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy spell book medding too. (not kidding)
It doesn't matter that much unless they can make it so that looking at your spellbook blocks out your entire screen.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

The not cancelling a spell refers to the spell casting bar disappearing and allowing for another cast immediately. The few secs saved in PVP could be huge. The command for this on live was something like /stopcast or Ctrl S. Interrupting any spell was always possible but casters had to wait for the entire spell bar cycle to finish before being able to cast again.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was talking about Red 1999. This is true actually, I just logged in and tested it. Amazingly, many people on the server aren't aware that this is possible. In ooc chat, there was a large discussion of how there was no way to cancel a spell. That's why I posted, it seems they were all wrong. I even tested ducking and sitting myself and figured that was it. At least there is one way to do it, so my original post stands corrected. I was always partial to ducking, but jumping will do just fine.
Glad I could help
Old 05-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad I could help
Absolutely!! Every caster that didn't know this thanks you! I do have one more question though. My caster isn't high enough level to levitate yet, and I was wondering if this is still possible while levitating. If not, is there any way while levitating to cancel?
Old 05-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool fix, now let's fix rooted dragons in tov
working as intended sorry no one wants to clear ntov on red
Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely!! Every caster that didn't know this thanks you! I do have one more question though. My caster isn't high enough level to levitate yet, and I was wondering if this is still possible while levitating. If not, is there any way while levitating to cancel?
It does NOT work while levitating, which is why I usually cancel it when people give it to me.

Its amazing this wasn't more well known, I was jump cancelling in 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Squabbles123; 05-04-2019 at 06:56 PM..
Closed Thread