Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 09:13 AM
Skeleton

Lol at this guy above me trying to defend a guild blocking competition in PoSky this way. And then trying to suggest it's somehow more "classic"? You for real bro?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this server is getting more away from classic every day

more fucking lists christ

if you don't get your pez you just fucking fall on the floor and die these days, this is what people are made of today
I don't disagree with that to an extent. I would've preferred to have seen some fix added to prevent using this method in PoS because certainly that mechanic couldn't have been something the SOE devs intended to be used and I'm guessing it would have been declared an exploit and patched had it become widely used back in the day. However, I don't know how much work that would be for the P99 staff (or even if it's possible for them to do with their resources) so I would take this solution over no solution at all.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

LOL @ the nerds throwing your life away for EQ pixels.

Gotta get ready for PoS (again), right babe?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Aviak

The people complaining "not classic": no one was fucking perma camping summon corpse 1-mo before sky bc no one had any idea sky was coming out, what it would be like, or that the spell was even necessary for the progression of large groups.

What's not classic is we have all this knowledge about what is going to happen and can react accordingly. Accordingly, changes need to be made to preserve the essence of classic - /lists are good for non-paid guides to enforce this.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:03 AM
Banned

It’s been this way for months. People make fun of TLP for having instances, but a lot of things on Green are worse than instanced content due solely to players exploiting the PNP. FBSS should have been a /list item, but it’s a little late for that now.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Banned

classic EQ is all about the most amount of time win's. however this is welfare99 and its whoever can cry the loudest. other than that, great server.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

You think Vulak will become a /list camp one day on green?
Old 07-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Banned

i think we are headed for participation dragons in every aspect of the server if it keeps going this way.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic EQ is all about the most amount of time win's. however this is welfare99 and its whoever can cry the loudest. other than that, great server.
Nah, classic EQ was all about whoever has the most fun wins. And sad losers spending 18 hours a day drooling over imaginary pixel victories are sad. Do try to enjoy your wall licking bruh.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 AM
Banned

the no lifers have always won, it's why classic everquest is a thing. there are certain aspects to the game that classic eq has that new games don't the time sink and non easy mode is one of them.

taking these things out of the game basically cheapens the classic feel of the server.

Whats next? rez/graveyards cause people don't want to spend time CRing?
Closed Thread