Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Banned

Default Green was rushed out and is ruined now

Green was rushed to release cause of WoW and is trash now. Split community. Fast mob spawns. Nerfed quests. HHK experience left intact, apparently easy 20-50 is no big deal but turning in bone chips to get to level 8 is unacceptable. Broken retarded list system suffering from the exact things players knew would happen and was dismissed by devs. SRo quest drops left in. Shadowedmen left in. Charm and clicks still abused to kill dragons. Obvious no one even bothered to look at this trash box before opening it up. Beta Green bug reports not addressed. Bug forum overflowing with verified reports that are never addressed. Petitions rarely answered in game.

Could have been a fun server if devs could have stopped selectively nerfing and enhancing things as they see fit completely out of line with actual classic. Enjoy blue 2.0. I'm out. This project is clearly no longer about classic EQ or this server would have never been released in this disgusting state with so many ridiculous customizations.

P99 Green - Fast spawns, instancing, no quests, list system, half assed classic with custom "improvements."

Remember when everyone demanded that newb quest experience be nerfed and mob spawn rate be increased? Wait, what? That isn't what the community has been asking for? Isn't that two contradictory changes where you would think it had to do with reducing player ability to quickly level trough quests but then they upped spawn rates so that players could level faster?

I guess that is just the "vision" where questing to level isn't preferred but grinding on mobs is but we also don't want it to be too competitive resulting in petitions so we'll just up spawn rates. You will play how we want you to play. You will play the classes we want you to play. You will take part in our bastardized vision of classic where we make up rules and changes and direct the community to file bug reports with evidence that gather cobwebs.

That is all. I'm done with P99. Enjoy. I've gotten my moneys worth in donations. I'll always be sad for what could have been.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Banned

P.S. Let's not all forget that this entire project exists on the back of an open source emulator that has been built by hundreds of people over decades yet all of the P99 changes are closed sourced and tightly controlled.

Let me know when I can just setup my own P99 server. I've donated, contributed research, and my code is in the files now. Hope that source code will be released eventually.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is all. I'm done with P99. Enjoy. I've gotten my moneys worth in donations. I'll always be sad for what could have been.
And P99 just got a little bit better.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Bye Felicia
Old 12-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

in b4 merge
Old 12-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in b4 merge
You mean before instancing is removed?
Old 12-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Server GM

I’m sorry you aren’t having fun and that you think so poorly of us. Allow me to expedite your farewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Haha so entitled
Old 12-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

GMs shook rn
Closed Thread