Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Skyrocketing toxicity since merge

I can't go a single night camping anything without dozens of ass hats showing up trying to come up with every excuse in the book why they think they should be able to steal my camp. I never saw anything like this before merge. Well, once in a blue moon you'd find some pushy self-important clown who thinks he's playing skyrim and you are just some random NPC to be stolen from, but now it seems like a non-stop deluge of awful people are making their way to the end-game camps and they are quite willing to completely lie about "what happened" to secure some pixels. These include guild officers and leaders -- in fact they have been some of the worst.

It's really starting to damage my psyche. I'm starting to simply expect the worst from people around me. i'm no longer helping people like I used to, since so many times it blows up in my face or they turn out to be bad apples anyway. Starting to have to rules lawyer everything -- or else face someone else doing it to me.

I think Nietzsche was prophetically talking about green when he said "if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Old 01-31-2020, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't go a single night camping anything without dozens of ass hats showing up trying to come up with every excuse in the book why they think they should be able to steal my camp. I never saw anything like this before merge. Well, once in a blue moon you'd find some pushy self-important clown who thinks he's playing skyrim and you are just some random NPC to be stolen from, but now it seems like a non-stop deluge of awful people are making their way to the end-game camps and they are quite willing to completely lie about "what happened" to secure some pixels. These include guild officers and leaders -- in fact they have been some of the worst.

It's really starting to damage my psyche. I'm starting to simply expect the worst from people around me. i'm no longer helping people like I used to, since so many times it blows up in my face or they turn out to be bad apples anyway. Starting to have to rules lawyer everything -- or else face someone else doing it to me.

I think Nietzsche was prophetically talking about green when he said "if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Can you cite any specific examples? I’m genuinely curious as to what people are trying to do. I haven’t run into any of this on Green yet, but I’m still in the mid-level range and rarely camping anything solo.

If it’s actually damaging your psyche, it might be a good time to step away from the game for a while. We’re going to be in Classic for quite a while, it’s not going anywhere.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

It's all them Green-folk. This crap didn't happen on Teal....just saying.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

You could try Blue instead!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Literally impossible on red but ok
Old 01-31-2020, 04:22 PM
Banned

Carebear server NOW
Old 01-31-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

It has nothing to do with the people from the other server (be it teal or green) being toxic scum lords. The population doubled, and amount of resources (mobs, camps, etc) remained the same, thus there are more conflicts over a scarcer amount of finite resources.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:45 PM
Banned

Default Toxic is as toxic does

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really starting to damage my psyche. I'm starting to simply expect the worst from people around me. i'm no longer helping people like I used to,
since so many times it blows up in my face or they turn out to be bad apples anyway. Starting to have to rules lawyer everything

-- or else face someone else doing it to me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2020, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Thought this thread was going to be about AG.

Kinda disappointed.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Legit haven’t had any serious issues at endgame camps on green, and only once on teal and again zero after merge of both... what’s that saying about assholes and if you always run into one?
Closed Thread