Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Orc

100% paladin
Old 06-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Have been playing my Paladin which is now level 52 a lot lately. My budget was quite a bit less but still had fungi, 34% haste, etc.

Although I haven’t played a ranger, I was deciding between the 2 when I chose Pally. The biggest appeal on the Pally to me was the ability to do some soloing in dungeons. Although you won’t have the Charisma of a enchanter, Calm is still pretty effective and root works well when you get extras.

If I had the budget I would definitely get an Eyepatch. That 20% haste makes a big difference. You asked about flowing though item and I would also spring for a Crown of Narandi. At 39 pallys get a spell that drains 3 mana per tick and gives you 8 regen. With FT2 you will not be losing mana while standing unless you are casting and will have 23hp/tick regen with fungi.

Gearing a Pally 55+ isn’t crazy either. Narandi Lance for like 12k with great ratio and proc. I made a high elf for Natures Defender which is peak fashion quest and pretty easy quest.

Biggest downside of Pally is lack of dps when soloing 50+. Sometimes have to root and Heal mid fight which I’m not a huge fan. With that being said, fights are slower but Deepwater bp heals 307 hp every 10 seconds and only costs 7 gold for a Jasper so downtime is extremely limited.

My vote would be Paladin and think you’d enjoy it. Also, having a character that can 90% rez at lvl 58 makes life a lot easier.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

I made and recommend a ranger twink.

After playing warrior for a LONG time, ranger felt very comfortable and casual. They bring their own SoW, heals, can summon their own arrows, not KoS like my iksar... Pretty chill char to play as.

Not nearly as strong as warrior though. Had to root and heal up quite a bit.

The ability to harmony mobs and otherwise CC them was really nice for soloing also.

If you plan on rolling into raiding though I'd recommend paladin as their gear is really cheap typically and raids always seem to be lacking a paladin.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

makes sense, good point - i think im gonna be not on par with other rangers post 55 without epic/cloak
Last edited by wagorf; 06-12-2020 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve done both these twink builds. Ranger will probably be slightly more fun to raid with. But pally wins in every other aspect. Use that extra money to buy cool things like the Haste click eyepatch. If you really want to ranger though, you’ll need as much AC as possible. They really get spanked pretty hard and might make you just wish you had made a monk.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Orc

People often forget how freaking awesome paladins are if played right. They are literally unstoppable machines. It’s a shame they had such a bad rep due to assumptions, they are finally now getting the rep they deserve it’s nice to see so many paladins now on green hehe. People are seeing the light!
Closed Thread