Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-20-2022, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Veksar or whatever it is would be a pretty good start for custom content imo that wouldn’t totally clash with classic EQ. I think it came out after PoP at the earliest? It was geared toward people with way better gear and higher levels so would be challenging even for fully velious geared 60s.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

I like it, just add item loot for a real winner.
Old 05-22-2022, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most things would still be killable, but zones like lower guk and sol b would turn into raid zones.

Guilds could also still take down dragons (people are skilled enough to figure it out, especially with pots and CH clickies).... it would just be a lot harder and require real effort (instead of the insta-kill race that ends up happening).

It would also require people to rethink how to battle in some instances, and really shake up the dynamic of the game.
I agree. I think by just simply lowering the level cap it would fix a lot of problems older servers tend to suffer with.

For example, lots of dungeons would remain relevant and viable experience locations. Lots of gear would remain relevant for longer because better gear would just be so much harder to get. High end raids would be SO HARD that it would force nearly everyone to stock up on consumables which would be a much needed money sink built into the server.

Some of the highest raid encounters may even be close to impossible... and why not? The toughest creatures in the game should be momentous events if they are ever killed, like maybe only once or twice in a server timeline.

In short, it would essentially take these 3 expansions and stretch them out so they truly did last a long time & take years to complete.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 05-22-2022, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I think by just simply lowering the level cap it would fix a lot of problems older servers tend to suffer with.

For example, lots of dungeons would remain relevant and viable experience locations. Lots of gear would remain relevant for longer because better gear would just be so much harder to get. High end raids would be SO HARD that it would force nearly everyone to stock up on consumables which would be a much needed money sink built into the server.

Some of the highest raid encounters may even be close to impossible... and why not? The toughest creatures in the game should be momentous events if they are ever killed, like maybe only once or twice in a server timeline.

In short, it would essentially take these 3 expansions and stretch them out so they truly did last a long time & take years to complete.
It would make everyone roll a mage and do nothing but sock mage epics.

I’m not exactly sure how many epic mage pets being chained it takes to kill AoW, but I bet we’d find out.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Ive always said they could just do "fabled" zones. Take Solb for instance and for the next month they increase the lvl of the mobs etc. Make the rare drops off those mobs, and make a "fabled golden efreeti boots" for instance. Increase the stats a little and give some life into the server again. Next month do Lguk - hell do upper guk the next month. Imagine doing the frenzied when he hits for 450 a pop. It would be fun!
Old 05-29-2022, 04:38 PM
Kobold

The real problem with this concept is that it creates an unfeasible gap between classes.

You aren't playing on this server as a non-meta class.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:39 PM
Kobold

I love the concept. But I'm not sure Shamans or Paladins would be thrilled.
Apollyus - Level 50 Ogre Shaman <Kingdom>
Old 05-29-2022, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Nothin wrong with posting bad ideas. Just dont expect them to be implemented.... or if they are, dont expect them to work. Because they wont.