Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-13-2022, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Default Jaeil the Insane

Hi I'm trying to gather a group to head to the hole and take down Jaeil the Insane for Ranger epic, unfortunately I haven't killed him before and don't know the way - does anyone know roughly how many people it would take to fight down to him and to kill him? Are there any specific classes that I would need for the fight? Thanks!
Old 07-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Are you in a guild? Surely they would be able to take you
Old 07-13-2022, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Yes I am - turns out finding a group of volunteers to head to the hole for a selfless act isn't the easiest thing to coordinate especially with my limited eq playing schedule - it would help if I knew what kind of group I need before I start begging people.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I am - turns out finding a group of volunteers to head to the hole for a selfless act isn't the easiest thing to coordinate especially with my limited eq playing schedule - it would help if I knew what kind of group I need before I start begging people.
One group of mid 50s is fine...clr tank dps /nod
Old 07-13-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

When I did it, I was just in a 6-man xp group that was already down there. A full group of 6 was overkill. I imagine 3-4 would be fine as long as you have tank/heal/slow.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Agreed regarding a regular xp group being able to take him down. It was intimidating for me too as my first guy In the 50s and first epic but it's not a very rough fight.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:33 PM
Orc

I am in the same boat needing to kill him. I went to Kaladim to do the swiftwind turn in and found that my wiki reading comprehension skills were lackluster in needing to spawn Usbak. Sad panda. I have at least one other person onboard with helping out (dps) and have a lot of toons at my disposal so perhaps we could trio it. I've scouted the way on my rogue... it's not terribly difficult to get to but of course a zillion mobs along the way.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Very useful info and Thanks much for all the feedback; Ill DM you slard271 maybe we can help one another out.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi I'm trying to gather a group to head to the hole and take down Jaeil the Insane for Ranger epic, unfortunately I haven't killed him before and don't know the way - does anyone know roughly how many people it would take to fight down to him and to kill him? Are there any specific classes that I would need for the fight? Thanks!
A very adventurous way to figure out the way, is to make a halfling rogue and sneak/hide all the way down, and the bonus is that you can leave him/her there to drag corpses later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2022, 03:31 PM
Orc

This was a fun adventure with a group of four. We used an abandoned brell cleric to get down to Jaeil in the tunnel where there are no pathers with invis and ivu (there is a single ratman along the way that will eat you otherwise, hindsight 20/20). Corpsed a mage and real cleric; dragged down with rogue. Flopped a monk down there to tank (though in the end this was unnecessary with pets and slow). Rez'd the real cleric with the poop cleric, rez'd the mage, coth'd druid and enchanter and ranger. Jaeil the Wretched does NOT despawn on bowl turn in, so we both got what we needed for Swiftwind. Jaeil the insane is mostly a pushover it seems... although chanter power with slow makes a world of difference.

So it only took a variety of swappage between:
60 mnk
60 rog
60 clr
60 dru
58 enc
58 mag
50 rng
30 clr factioned

And dat swiftwind looks pretty sweet! Yay happy endings! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]