Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-07-2022, 12:56 AM
Large Bat

Default Gem Drop

Anyone ever buy gems to drop on the ground to transfer Plat to an alt?, if so what's the best gemstone to do that with?
Old 08-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

The most expensive you can find [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But honestly OP, don't do that: it's like driving without insurance.

Now don't get me wrong: I've drop transferred Fungi Tunics before ... but I did it in very isolated locations, at off hours, knowing the risk. If I had been (or if you are) unlucky, and someone happens to walk by and pick the dropped item(s) up ... the items are lost: end of story.

If you just get a player to help you transfer the plat (not hard at EC Tunnel or Freeport bank, as there's almost always someone there willing to help), you do get "insurance": if that player tries to steal your plat, the staff will ban them and reimburse you. And because everyone except new players know this, no one will even try to steal your goods in the first place.

I promise, it's not hard: /tell randomStranger hey, do you have a few seconds to help me transfer some plat/items?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

If noones around I do this with peridots. I believe all vendor gems are equal sell/buy ratios.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ruby’s are a good value.

But you can ask any 60 in Vanquish, Riot or Kittens and you won’t have a problem.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Or tip a dial a port to do it, they help with transfers too. Tip is probably the same as the loss to gem conversion anyway, but you don't risk the gems from rotting if you crash or something.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:01 AM
Kobold

Anyone in EC tunnel, a guild tag helps, casual guilds/raid guild etc. IDK about Internet Tough Guys, but they are a guild.

Yes, you can petition to get your plat/items, but this can take sometimes months and months for item reimbursements as they are done in batches.

Yes, the offending player in question, will be banned for 7 day or more up to and including permanently.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb64029 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone ever buy gems to drop on the ground to transfer Plat to an alt?, if so what's the best gemstone to do that with?
Peridots, I drop them into a trade window of a random Dial-a-Port'er. That or the bottom of the lake in WC.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:48 AM
Aviak

I'll add, sometimes item drops on the ground will just poof out of existence too. Really, most folks in the tunnel are trustworthy for a transfer. I've transferred with both guildies and random folks and never been burned.