Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-07-2022, 01:22 PM
Large Rat

Default Characters Disappeared - Green

I have been playing on the green server. Last night i created a character on Blue. When i went back to log in to green all my characters were gone. it shows a blank list of characters. i rebooted several times and still got the same. this morning i log in and still have no characters on green. please help.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

are you absolutely sure you're logging into the green server and not like another server next to it?
Old 08-07-2022, 01:39 PM
Large Rat

yeah. relogged half dozen times now.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Are you sure you are logging in to the correct account?

I once had the same thing happen to me because I had two accounts, forgot about the first one, and then accidentally logged into it instead of my main one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Large Rat

yeah logging into the same account as i was yesterday when i was playing on green.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:24 PM
Large Rat

still no characters on green. not sure what to do. they were not exactly high level, lvl 19, lvl 9 and lvl 3, as i just started playing again but they do represent time.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

There's only a handful of possible causes here:
  • you deleted your characters
  • you accidentally made them on a different server, thinking it was Green (have you checked Blue and Red?)
  • you made the characters with a different account (and, maybe, also on the wrong server?)
  • you made the characters on the correct server, with the correct account, and didn't delete them ... but some freak accident did

Maybe others can chime in with more, but that's all I've got ... and I really don't think it's the freak accident one, because we've heard a few of these stories over the years (hell, I was responsible for one), and I have never, in almost a decade of playing here, heard of an issue with characters just randomly getting deleted on the server.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just very, very unlikely. And that leads us to the earlier bullet points: I'd check every login there's any chance you might have used, and check every P99 server (heck maybe non-P99 ones) for those characters.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. If you truly are certain you were logging into the correct account, and that you did create them on Green, and that no one deleted them, you can use the Petitions forum here to ask the staff for help.

In theory, if you give them the names/classes/levels of the characters, it should be possible for them to find the account ... but our staff is 100% volunteer-only, and as a result it might take awhile for them to get back to you. You should really save that as an option of last resort, as it may take months.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:31 PM
Large Rat

i appreciate the input.

i have checked blue i have created a character there to play with my wife (just got the exemption from the admins). when i created the blue char my green chars disappeared that was what made things so odd. it was like 1 deleted one when i made the other.

i have never logged into red but i will check it.

not sure how i could have gone thru and deleted 4 characters and not remember especially since i had been on them earlier in the day when i first posted.

i will have to use the petition to get this looked into. not really a problem, as i mentioned they are not exactly high level. but i had joined Ancient Blood and made some leveling friends in the process of getting my monk to 19. had a couple pieces of decent gear that folks had given me and was supposed to login that evening to buy a better 2hb from a guild mate.

just disappointing.

thanks again
Old 08-08-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]