Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-07-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you continue to type nonsense. Off topic nonsense to boot.
Cool sentence fragments, my brother in Christ.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool sentence fragments, my brother in Christ.
They were cool. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2022, 06:00 PM
Banned

Want to see my Shaman videos?
(lol)
Old 08-07-2022, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want to see my Shaman videos?
(lol)
Please show them!
Old 08-07-2022, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was responding to what you wrote. I won't try and address it all, as it was a massive post full of disingenuity
But it's disingenuous to suggest that the massive post was what I wrote when it consisted mostly of quotes from others, copy/pasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to pick one obvious example, you argued: The devs at SOE concluded that each player did in fact have the right to dictate less interaction with other people on those servers and allowed as much through the /ignore command while also providing GMs with commands of their own to restrict players who were deemed to be in violation of the rules.
Quote:
/ignore has nothing to do with how raiding is or isn't moderated: you even bringing it into the conversation (as if it was relevant) is disingenuous.
EQ came from MUDs, text-based games, so it's hard to see how /ignore isn't relevant. But the conversation stopped being strictly about raiding and/or moderation right around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax View Post
You, nor any other player, hast the right to dictate less interaction with other people on the server simply because you don't like it.
That is a very broad, black and white statement. The massive wall of copy/paste "disingenuity" highlighted the gray area that exists and there's a lot of it, hence the wall. Confronting people with a small blurb/direct quote earlier wasn't enough because those people chose to interpret it to fit their own point of view, which is fine but this the nature of genuinely debating a topic.

Again, the topic has expanded to cover interdependence and player interactions overall, but even just considering /ignore within the context of raids... If a player chooses to put someone on ignore, due to harassment, they won't see "TRAIN TO WEST EXIST" in /ooc from that player. Those situations rarely occur during draft week due to everyone picking their own times to train and kill targets. Clerics also use /rt to heal and have their heal chains in ooc/shout regularly, which opposing guilds have attempted to interfere with. Players have done this on golem races as well, /randoming when they weren't designated to do so. The list goes on, but that would lead to a wall of text...
Old 08-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Look Ennewi, all I'm saying is if you're going to make an argument to someone, make the argument.

Don't try and pass off something completely related (eg. /ignore) when it has nothing to do with topic at hand. Or do ... but learn to live with the fact that someone might call you disingenuous for doing so.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

* completely unrelated

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah /ignore is not really relevant to this discussion. If you are the kind of person who /ignores people, it's not really their fault if you get trained because you can't see their messages. Honestly even if someone is harassing you don't /ignore them. Save the logs and petition them.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Look Ennewi, all I'm saying is if you're going to make an argument to someone, make the argument.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Don't try and pass off something completely related (eg. /ignore)
Ah, so then we are agreed?!

Quote:
when it has nothing to do with topic at hand.
Oh...

Quote:
Or do ... but learn to live with the fact that someone might call you disingenuous for doing so.
Third option: I will simply argue that it isn't disingenuous.

Players have chosen not to /ignore the OP in game for the exact reason mentioned, where otherwise they would have him on ignore permanently. He has trained guilds, intentionally and unintentionally, on multiple occasions. And, if he does announce a train, it would be helpful to read that in ooc/shout so the worst isn't just assumed with matters escalated. That means all other chat from the player is included by default.

It's odd to have to argue about how I'm arguing, but so be it.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah /ignore is not really relevant to this discussion. If you are the kind of person who /ignores people, it's not really their fault if you get trained because you can't see their messages. Honestly even if someone is harassing you don't /ignore them. Save the logs and petition them.
It was a brick in the wall of the original copy/paste, almost a footnote, and only included because GMs have had their own commands to dictate less interaction on the server.