Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Ok so you are saying you could solo clear and camp tranix on your shaman?

Why is there not one person in history that did that on during p99s timeline on live?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

I played on rallos so my memory is going to be skewed. I was regularly ganked on my human sk by charm pets,or shaman and their op dots on classic
. I really don't think this box emulates every class perfectly other than enchanters.
Druids could dot kite, necros would dot kite with a pet chasing the mob. Lots of examples of things that are different on p99 than classic eq, if that's your current argument.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so you are saying you could solo clear and camp tranix on your shaman?

Why is there not one person in history that did that on during p99s timeline on live?
No I am not. Loramin started in Velious, so he wasn't even 60 back then.

But again, people doing crazy stuff at the end of the game (when we have way more time than live people did) is very different from one class (and only one class) being played differently their entire leveling life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on rallos so my memory is going to be skewed. I was regularly ganked on my human sk by charm pets,or shaman and their op dots on classic
. I really don't think this box emulates every class perfectly other than enchanters.
Druids could dot kite, necros would dot kite with a pet chasing the mob. Lots of examples of things that are different on p99 than classic eq, if that's your current argument.
I'm not talking about any of the https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium stuff (ie. the known/acknowledged unclassic stuff) or stuff like mobs taking full damage from DoTs while moving ... for the first X months of the server.

I'm talking about the game overall. We have a really, really good emulator: it feel just like the original in almost every way. There are undoubtedly some minor details off, but for the most part the game plays the same as it did over 20 years ago ... except with charm (and the one class most heavily tied to it in particular, although again Druids, Necros and Bard are impacted too).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I am not. Loramin started in Velious, so he wasn't even 60 back then.
are you saying you started playing EQ during velious?
Old 08-08-2022, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

well once again loramin you have outlasted me and I shall return to my own lands ive given it all i got.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, right at the start.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you play in classic?
Remember how not so long ago we had numerous folks swearing up and down that combat bind wound was totally legit and people didn't use it back in the day only because everyone back then were morons who couldn't play? They kept up those claims--vehemently, at times--'till irrefutable proof was found. I don't know we'll find the sort of proof we want with charm because I don't know anyone was doing extensive parsing of average durations during that period. Whether something works or not, like bind, is a lot more black and white than nit-picking over average durations of random-duration spells.

Danth
Old 08-08-2022, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, right at the start.
Do you have any idea of how much this damages your credibility when you make such broad sweeping claims about "how things were in classic" when you knew virtually nothing about it?
Old 08-08-2022, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they are OP are not; what matters is that they weren't OP in classic. Anyone who played in classic remembers Enchanters as a grouping class: they cast haste and C2, they mezzed adds, and maybe (if they were bored) they got hit to have their animation attack (although honestly I don't even remember them doing that very often).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Yes, right at the start.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember how not so long ago we had numerous folks swearing up and down that combat bind wound was totally legit and people didn't use it back in the day only because everyone back then were morons who couldn't play? They kept up those claims--vehemently, at times--'till irrefutable proof was found. I don't know we'll find the sort of proof we want with charm because I don't know anyone was doing extensive parsing of average durations during that period. Whether something works or not, like bind, is a lot more black and white than nit-picking over average durations of random-duration spells.

Danth
Discovering, popularising and bug reporting battle bandaging are my three greatest achievements. They’re on my portfolio.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung