Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Default 45 Monk Questions

Im back from about a year and a half off (as of a few weeks ago) I’m hitting 45 today on my monk and I wanted some suggestions.

I have about 3.7k pp right now and can earn 400-450 an hour if I need more. My gear is average but I don’t know where to go from here. (Link in sig, I have jboots)

I can spend the next 50 hours where I am grinding 45 out very slowly and getting another 20k but that only takes me half way to a fungi tunic. I don’t think besides my epic there’s really anything else for me to work towards gear wise though. I’m wondering if that’s an okay choice or it I should just go solo somewhere with better experience. I don’t think anywhere else pre50 is going to reach the pp per hour I’m getting atm.

I play at the worst hours and usually can’t commit to more than an hour at a time without having to stop so grouping isn’t usually a possibility (I hate going groups and leaving quickly) I know after 50 it’s prolly going to get a lot harder soloing without regen. (I’m really missing my combat bind wound which was always my excuse on why a fungi tunic wasn’t worth it)

Ideas on how to go forward? (Yes I know I need to work on my epic, plan was to do robe quest myself and buy the demon fangs - haven’t started yet.)
Old 11-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Save for fungi
Old 11-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Banned

don't buy any part of the monk MQ except for pipes if your planning to do that

buying fangs is such a huge waste of plat

instead invest in a long term item such a fungi or a t staff (for the DPS)
Old 11-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Join kittens and as soon as you hit 46 spam discord for help on epic. If you spam enough they will do the whole thing for you, hope that helps.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join kittens and as soon as you hit 46 spam discord for help on epic. If you spam enough they will do the whole thing for you, hope that helps.
what's your problem with KWSM, dude
Old 11-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't buy any part of the monk MQ except for pipes if your planning to do that

buying fangs is such a huge waste of plat

instead invest in a long term item such a fungi or a t staff (for the DPS)
I'll look into doing the fangs myself, and i was planning on buying the pipes too.

I'll try to get a fungi first though. Farming 50k is going to take me quite awhile, but if I hadn't quit 1.5 years ago, and i played an hour a day, i wouldve already had more than enough. Just got to stick with it.

I'm going to see about joining possibly some community nights (if i can schedule it) with KWSM and see how I like it raiding, but i don't think I have enough time to devote to joining a guild.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s secretly a furry
Old 11-04-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Who said was an issue, I use to be in kittens. They will get ya epic. Stop Berging out over nothing.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said was an issue, I use to be in kittens. They will get ya epic. Stop Berging out over nothing.
Hope that helps
Old 11-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

It's gonna be a lot better use of your time to just level up and go farm a fungi yourself. Grinding 80k at 400-500pp an hour is a giant waste of time.
Closed Thread