Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-01-2022, 10:24 AM
Large Bat

Default Unable to get past character select screen

SO, for the past day now, every time i try to log in, i get all the way to the character select screen, i pick my toon, and hit play. and nothing happens after that. my screen will freeze, and i will not progress past that point. im still able to move my mouse. and most times it will go to the black screen and say either "youve been disconnected" or something about the server not responding. any idea how i can fix this, or what might be the underlying problem?? thanks!
Old 08-01-2022, 11:33 AM
Large Bat

SO, after some experimenting, im just as lost as i was before. i should have mentioned above that i was trying to get on the green server. i still cannot, bc of the above reasons. i also tried the blue server, the lazarus project, and the very top server (the custom zones, etc.. one). blue server did the same as green, while making a character for the custom server it all of a sudden went to black screen saying i was disconnected. but i was able to get in on the lazarus server. so im really not sure whats going on, if its on my end or something to do with the client. ive already tried installing the latest version and replacing all files, and its still doing the same thing. anyway, just thought i would give a quick update, maybe it will help.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Rule out a connectivity issue. Use a mobile hotspot, VPN, or try at a friend's house (ideally with a different ISP).

-Mcoy
Old 08-03-2022, 08:18 PM
Orc

Also make sure a visual error isn't happening and modify settings from the title screen and try using a small resolution like 800x600, my client kept freezing from trying to upscale to a higher res at one point.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have the same issue. Any resolution?