Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-04-2022, 08:55 PM
Banned

Default P99 is a Meritocracy, not a Democracy

Since when did Jutebox and a handful of other "select" players get to decide what happens to everyone on p99 Blue? What's up with Menden and Galach kowtowing to the mob?

We've had the draft for almost two years now and what has that accomplished? Kittens has been in ToV, outside of a quake, a handful of times at most and only in the past 6-8 weeks? They also have enough ST keys to compete there, yet never do.

TSS - even less than kittens.

All other draft guilds - eashen guards and hot, that's it. I may have seen one attempt at an LTK since the drafts' inception, which Vanquish and Riot chose not to pursue as a target as an incentive.

"we want to learn tactics" - There's over 20 years of information online on each and every encounter, look it up. None of it has changed at all when there is zero competition. Competition is what breeds innovative ways to succeed.

"It's wildly popular" - are you a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert? Of course "FREE SHIT" is "wildly popular"! Who would have thought!?

The bottom line is that all of you don't want to compete, which is where the fun and magic is, and you just want free shit. You're playing the wrong game / server.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Where is your warder loot? don't you like to compete. sorry you dont got. hope that helps.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:57 PM
Banned

Mevath - " Its also not true that you are die hard for a classic raiding experience or you wouldn’t constantly be asking for Earthquakes to happen."

I, and many others agree, that too many earthquakes is detrimental to the health and longevity of the server as well as the players involved. It dilutes the value of the game entirely and only hastens its doom. When nothing is difficult to acquire, it doesn't hold the same appreciation. In effect, it cheapens these items and the experiences involved obtaining said items. I still remember my 1st ever raid loot from 2015: Wand of the Black Dragon eye and I still have it in my bag at this very moment.

In addition, Earthquakes are a high stress activity and environment. It's critical to have the in-between quake breaks to allow players to decompress, get off their high horses, and come back down to Norrath to truly appreciate everything the game has to offer, not just one aspect.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:58 PM
Banned

p99 is a dystopian shithole, if you think competition is classic you're playing the wrong game
Old 08-04-2022, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is your warder loot? don't you like to compete. sorry you dont got. hope that helps.
Case in point ^

Cheap, competition-less loot. Value = 0.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 is a dystopian shithole, if you think competition is classic you're playing the wrong game
The entire design of the game is competition based. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Brad, Steve, and Bill..along with all of the other dev's from said era.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:12 PM
Banned

And while we're at the discussion, why are all these guilds who don't compete chiming in with how the raid scene should operate? "KWSM, AEGIS, ECLIPSE, THE SECOND SONS, LIGHTHOUSE"

None of you have any skin in the game because you don't put in the time and effort. Until you do, none of you should have a voice in what the raid rules should be.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:19 PM
Banned

Jutebox <KWSM> — 08/01/2022

"I want you to imagine the end of a chapter. The end of this chapter is marked by a fresh agreement by every guild on the server except one. Unless CSR wants to rule otherwise, or speak up on this matter, as we have begged them to do, then I'd like to welcome you and the rest of Vanquish to the new chapter of the p99 book. In this chapter you don't get to dictate the rules to the rest of us."

Who the fuck does this guy think he is? Imagine the arrogance and pomposity one has to hold in order to dictate to the rest of the server his vision of P99 and your thoughts and opinions be damned.

P99 isn't a Democracy nor is it an Oligarchy
Old 08-04-2022, 10:24 PM
Banned

It's certainly not a Dictatorship ruled by Mr. Jutebox and the "select" few in the UN