Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could be Daldaen and just report the bugs/exploits that don't affect your class, and leave the ones that help you.
Daldaen is a saint. You're a sad loser. There is a difference.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

this is the house of the mentally ill

sometime you need to say hey this rule is in place to keep the spectrum at bay

yea that conflicts with classic

but do you dare deal with the spectrum?

I dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Large Rat

Default not really

kiting is not an exploit. it is the only way a druid can survive being mediocre in all abilities makes him quite worthless to most team comps late game. leaving him alone in the woods, kiting...

talk about exploits how about AoE groups... everquest was such a hard game it forced players to exploit it. my friend was a sylvan elf ranger with dualweilding longswords and composite longbow at level 1 everytime we played D&D.. talk about exploitation!!! lmao

but that's what its all about, figuring out the best ways to exploit loopholes. only problem was back in 1999 people had thick skin.. today in 2019 everyone is a cry baby getting their cups refilled when they spill their milk.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Banned

i report every bug i notice
imagine if every elf did the same
Old 11-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Using zone warps was what was called "an actionable exploit." By using them you could potentially be suspended/banned. Kiting and many others was never an "actionable" exploit.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daldaen is a saint. You're a sad loser. There is a difference.
what do you consider yourself to be? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using zone warps was what was called "an actionable exploit." By using them you could potentially be suspended/banned. Kiting and many others was never an "actionable" exploit.
2001 I was warping across SG on my level 50 warrior, he was a dwarf and all I had to do was log out twice and when I logged back in after that he was safely across the zone. Never had anyone say they had action taken against them for zone warping and was generally used by everyone that was afraid or unable to make the run.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2001 I was warping across SG on my level 50 warrior, he was a dwarf and all I had to do was log out twice and when I logged back in after that he was safely across the zone. Never had anyone say they had action taken against them for zone warping and was generally used by everyone that was afraid or unable to make the run.
I never heard of anyone getting suspended/banned for warping either, but that doesn't change the fact it was explicitly considered and actionable offense. And more likely than not the first action would be a warning anyway.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never heard of anyone getting suspended/banned for warping either, but that doesn't change the fact it was explicitly considered and actionable offense. And more likely than not the first action would be a warning anyway.
If there is no evidence of anyone ever having been punished for doing it, I think it's hard to argue that the offense was ever in any way "actionable".

SG glitching on Bristlebane ... and I assume every other server ... was standard operating procedure. I truly believe a higher percentage of the server knew about that glitch (at least by the end of Velious) than knew how to recharge items.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there is no evidence of anyone ever having been punished for doing it, I think it's hard to argue that the offense was ever in any way "actionable".

SG glitching on Bristlebane ... and I assume every other server ... was standard operating procedure. I truly believe a higher percentage of the server knew about that glitch (at least by the end of Velious) than knew how to recharge items.

I've never heard of a cop giving someone a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit, doesn't mean it's still not illegal/. in general they were pretty lax in punishment. I know one guy who duped like 100k plat in gems and just ran around planting them on anew server. Guess what his punishment was? nothing. All he had to do was tell them how he did it.
Closed Thread