Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Orc

Thumbs down Green vs Teal: Which displays the greater toxicity?

All I see on green is the same old uncreative guild names from blue. This shouldn't surprise me, as they are most certainly 90% the same folks.

So what's the difference? Venerate, Seal Team, Asgard, you name it - these kids will legit shit on your icecream cone for their "rights" to pixels, their "rights" to camps. You can provide proof of their wrongdoings to guides/GM's in the form of videos/logs... but I've yet to see anyone get in trouble for things.

So if green is the wild west; where camps do not exist and mercilessly training entire groups for camps is considered normal .... what is teal in comparison?

If you are from green and triggered at the idea that you joined some lame duck guild from blue... maybe bow out of this one. But if you turn purple in the face and your nipples are twitching in anger I suppose you can post. Like legit whoever thought of "Seal Team" was priceless. 10 points for a new name, - 10 points for the uncertain visuals in my brain. I'm picturing a bunch of floppy seals on a beach rushing a treasure chest.... not manly warriors YO.

This guys my favorite from green so far:
https://imgur.com/a/9goCT0m
Last edited by jlxharville; 11-25-2019 at 07:52 PM..
Old 11-25-2019, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxharville [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like legit whoever thought of "Seal Team" was priceless. 10 points for a new name, - 10 points for the uncertain visuals in my brain. I'm picturing a bunch of floppy seals on a beach rushing a treasure chest.... not manly warriors YO.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guarantee you that the members of this guild more closely resemble actual seals and manatees more than they do actual Navy Seals.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guarantee you that the members of this guild more closely resemble actual seals and manatees more than they do actual Navy Seals.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxharville [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I see on green is the same old uncreative guild names from blue. This shouldn't surprise me, as they are most certainly 90% the same folks.

So what's the difference? Venerate, Seal Team, Asgard, you name it - these kids will legit shit on your icecream cone for their "rights" to pixels, their "rights" to camps. You can provide proof of their wrongdoings to guides/GM's in the form of videos/logs... but I've yet to see anyone get in trouble for things.

So if green is the wild west; where camps do not exist and mercilessly training entire groups for camps is considered normal .... what is teal in comparison?

If you are from green and triggered at the idea that you joined some lame duck guild from blue... maybe bow out of this one. But if you turn purple in the face and your nipples are twitching in anger I suppose you can post. Like legit whoever thought of "Seal Team" was priceless. 10 points for a new name, - 10 points for the uncertain visuals in my brain. I'm picturing a bunch of floppy seals on a beach rushing a treasure chest.... not manly warriors YO.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum displays much more toxicity than I have seem in my limited time playing on green. I really should stop reading these, but it does provide some entertainment. After reading here, I expect to find nothing but craters when I log into game, but I find ... EQ. It's not classic. You simply cannot create the atmosphere of 1999. The sense of mystery and the unknown is gone, and instead you have:
1) People really trying to experience it again with a fresh start
2) Min/Max-ers who aren't playing the game and are instead trying to beat the game
3) Newbies that don't seem to want to learn to play the game and instead want to see what all the fuss is about.

Nothing really toxic from any of these groups in particular. But definitely less groups, more soloing than was perhaps present in 1999. But still, certainly not as toxic (in my experience) as people are in these forums. Once I log in, my fear of toxicity goes away and I play the game.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum displays much more toxicity than I have seem in my limited time playing on green. I really should stop reading these, but it does provide some entertainment. After reading here, I expect to find nothing but craters when I log into game, but I find ... EQ. It's not classic. You simply cannot create the atmosphere of 1999. The sense of mystery and the unknown is gone, and instead you have:
1) People really trying to experience it again with a fresh start
2) Min/Max-ers who aren't playing the game and are instead trying to beat the game
3) Newbies that don't seem to want to learn to play the game and instead want to see what all the fuss is about.

Nothing really toxic from any of these groups in particular. But definitely less groups, more soloing than was perhaps present in 1999. But still, certainly not as toxic (in my experience) as people are in these forums. Once I log in, my fear of toxicity goes away and I play the game.
You are a brave soul. Just wait, most of the toxicity comes not from grouping but when you venture out to do stuff with 1-2 friends or duo, or solo.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
💯
Old 11-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I heard the core is actually IRL group of navy seal friends. Did I hear wrong?
Old 11-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Banned

Big SiP gREEn
Old 11-25-2019, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

My extremely unscientific observation is that the majority of drama-related forum threads seem to pertain to Green unless players are using that as a generic term for either server.

Danth
Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

I examined both. Everyone seems to get along super nice on teal. I dont know about green but teal 100% has mostly new unique guild names not from blue. Even dial a port is barely there compared to green