Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you still playing the beta server?
Cause I dont feel like taking the time to level another character and decide between Green and Teal. For all I know next week theyll make ANOTHER color and Ill be stuck on whatever.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 11-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma1010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause I dont feel like taking the time to level another character and decide between Green and Teal. For all I know next week theyll make ANOTHER color and Ill be stuck on whatever.
Honestly if you're on Blue and not in a guild find one... If you're guilded and willing to solo half the time it's not that bad, and use the discord for lfg. I play Teal and Blue, both are fine. If you dm me your characters I'd be up to see if we can duo sometime.

A lot of people on Green/Teal are insecure about their new servers and attack people for being on Blue, but it's mostly the beards scared they can't exploit or monopolize well enough to dominate the economy... rest of them are pretty chill.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people on Green/Teal are insecure about their new servers and attack people for being on Blue, but it's mostly the beards scared they can't exploit or monopolize well enough to dominate the economy... rest of them are pretty chill.
It's more than that. The notion of limited-duration servers works to the high-hours players' strengths. Low-hours players simply don't have the time to catch up like a lot of them (eventually) did on Blue. As a single example, it took me over 4 years to do my Shadow Knight epic quest on Blue; that won't be an option on Green! I suspect that's why a lot of current and former high-end players seem to enjoy belittling folks who stuck with Blue. The new limited-life servers are their new fiefdoms.

Danth
Old 11-25-2019, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's more than that. The notion of limited-duration servers works to the high-hours players' strengths. Low-hours players simply don't have the time to catch up like a lot of them (eventually) did on Blue. As a single example, it took me over 4 years to do my Shadow Knight epic quest on Blue; that won't be an option on Green! I suspect that's why a lot of current and former high-end players seem to enjoy belittling folks who stuck with Blue. The new limited-life servers are their new fiefdoms.

Danth
Yup... I mean there is a whole thread in RnF where people defend boxing and discuss using screen sharing to circumvent boxing and listing rules/intentions.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

QQ
Old 11-26-2019, 02:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
I understand the frustration seeing the server you enjoyed massively drop in population because of green but I thin kthe numbers show that you're unfortunately in the minority and it doesn't make sense to force the majority back to the server where the minority is. Also there's plenty of casual players on green/teal so I don't really understand that point
Old 11-26-2019, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morratiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the frustration seeing the server you enjoyed massively drop in population because of green but I thin kthe numbers show that you're unfortunately in the minority and it doesn't make sense to force the majority back to the server where the minority is. Also there's plenty of casual players on green/teal so I don't really understand that point
I enjoyed blue, but blue is dead to be honest, Green is the Future.

Better to hop in while it is still fresh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also Teal is just a subshard of Green, it will be be merged back so the difference is moot unless you want to xp with particular guilds or persons.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morratiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People use "you" in strange manners nowadays so I'm not sure you're responding specifically to me, though quoting my post suggests you are. If so you've got me pegged incorrectly since I'd like Blue equally as well with 500, 250, or 50 people on it. Population is not required for my enjoyment of my characters there. Granted, since I didn't suggest forcing anyone back to Blue (I regard such a notion as daft, to say the least), it's also possible you were referring to other posters and simply quoted my post for whatever reason.

While I also made a character on Teal, the limited lifespan servers have relatively low interest to me and I cannot presently see any reason I'll stick around there for more than a limited period. I've got nothing against the folks who prefer building characters over playing them once maxxed--it's quite similar to the "builders" vs "runners" divide in model railroading. I don't see server choices as an either/or thing, so I can enjoy the new servers till they get boring while also keeping my normal character(s) on tap as well.

Danth
Old 11-26-2019, 05:52 AM
Kobold

blue is an unrealistic stretched out timeline beta server

I suspect people that stay there want a character with every item BIS, epic, etc.

Which at that point, I'd rather just join an eqemu server and give my character every item and run around -- saves me a few thousand hours.

Thus I'm enjoying the first true classic progression timeline server(s)
Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Honestly if I can get help leveling up a new SK fast on Green, Id be happy to leave Blue and gear up there. I just dont want to spend all that time getting up there again.

I honestly didnt know Blue was a beta server. I just dont want to spend another year getting up to level 29 again, I have limited time to play. Id be happy to start on Green and get to 29 again quick.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Last edited by plasma1010; 11-26-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Closed Thread