Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

Druid offers the additional advantage of maintaining someone who can heal in some capacity in the event the Cleric player quits. EQ was a difficult enough game to get into when it was new, let alone now that it's 20 year old with outdated graphics and old-fashioned mechanics. These types of new-player pre-made groups virtually always lose people along the way. Future-proofing the group to withstand such losses as much as possible is highly recommended. In the event you lose the Warrior you still have two standard pet classes plus the option for Charm so that's less problematic.

Danth
Old 12-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, Druid does make the most sense and although everyone seems pretty stoked to be playing it right now, it's always possible 1 or 2 will quit at some point. I currently have a Mage that I play solo, so I was originally planning to do a melee for the group, to kind of change it up a bit for myself. I figured Monk, Warrior, or Ranger depending on what they all picked. However, after reading everyone's replies, it really does sound like Druid would be the best over all for a full 6 man. So I'll likely roll a Halfing Druid tonight.

Just out of curiosity though, if the option was for melee classes only, no priests / casters. Which of the melee based classes would you guys have chosen? Also assuming that half the nights wouldn't be a full 6 man group, more like a 3-4 man group with different people missing at different times?
Old 12-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

If you're looking at non-casters I'd say bard, hands down. It would fit in whether you're doing the typical tank and spank or you're doing a pet group because the warrior isn't there, the regen is huge enough to really lessen the pressure on the cleric, a second CCer and eventually charm DPS, selos helps a ton with travel, etc.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Kobold

druids are bad port bots, would not benefit you in anyway for breaking hard camps, druids have been basically useless in every group ive been in as they provide nothing useful compared to a specialized class

you have been tricked by the forums yet again if you bring a druid to any serious team
Old 12-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Wow, Druids aren't even good port bots.

You went a little too far with your trolling, I think. Try to keep it semi plausible next time. Tone it down a bit.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Lol well the only reason I am hesitant to do the Druid is because the 1 member I know who will always be on, will be the Cleric. He's likely the person I'll be duoing with most nights (same time zone) until some of the others come along. Some days may just be the 2 of us and that's it. So over all Druid is great for the full team, but if half of the time I am with the Cleric either duo, or with 1-2 others; I'm not sure if Druid would be best for that situation.

I did make one though, level 4 so far! lol. But yeah, not certain about it.
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 12-01-2019 at 11:58 AM..
Old 12-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

The character you'll play is better than the one that'll cause you to not want to log in, so don't stick with it if you ain't feeling it.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I think the last spot here has to be a second healer, so shaman or druid. that much is obvious - what's weird to me is people pushing the druid so hard over shaman like it's some necessary thing. I feel like shaman is substantially better.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Druid really is an excellent choice in this case. Shaman is a "better" class but in the context of this group slow is already covered by the Enchanter. Theres a lot of Druid hate on p99 but most people who play really aren't very good players and the vast majority of players here have never played with a good Druid. Most people who play a druid "pLaY a dRuiD."

Druids can solo very well and they have a toolbox that will fill all the gaps of your current composition. Druid can snare mobs which is very helpful and Druid gets excellent nukes. However one big point everybody seems to be missing (because see above paragraph) is Harmony. Dungeons will be packed and also some dungeons are still outdoors technically. Also you can charm animal which is great, in Sol B you can charm a bat and you're good to go. Port/evac is obviously very useful as well and fills a huge gap.

If you're worried about not being picked for high level cash camps your buddies have an Enc and a Mage. Druid complements Enc extremely well in a duo for cash camps, but again, see first paragraph

<The A-Team>
Old 12-02-2019, 04:05 AM
Kobold

The warrior is your only melee, so will be default tanking and pulling. A bard, monk, or ranger might improve the efficiency of the group. Situational of course since you may not need high efficiency if mobs are sparse anyway.

Druid is also a great choice for the reasons everyone outlined earlier; adds a lot of flexibility and everyone isnt out of luck if the cleric isn't on. A second enchanter isnt a bad choice either if your cleric player is top notch.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Closed Thread