Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by assazzin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was in loio last night, using this path. http://i.imgur.com/ixxvjVx.png
I died 3 times because I was stunned by a green tiger chasing me and train caught me. they run faster than skellies and goblins and I didn't think that a green could still stun me, well...
is there a place empty from them to circle ? how generally you deal with those ?
thanks
there should be no tigers near the circle/kill spot in that map, so if you pick any up its because you ran too close to them. The suggested kill spot might not work too well now that the mob speed has increased. the circles you need to do are much bigger and if i remember correctly when i made that map the spot that i was killing in/referencing was just the right size. now, its probably too small.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivaeb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm whatever is with the swarm and keep making it attack the group
I like that idea - could also be used with casting mobs use the swarm to burn them down to zero and carry on.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

what do you use to pull non-social mobs, in OT with the cactus I tried shurikens but the short range makes it tough not to get hit, I tried belo but it's hard to time it, any alternative ?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshk80k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone tried kiting enormous swarms? I seem to be dcing if the swarm is bigger than 50 mobs. It's happened to me 4 times now, but if I keep my swarm kinda small it doesn't happen.
Yeah. I never DC'd but one night I kept getting hit and died 5 times in a row. My group probably thought I was a terrible bard but I knew I was doing it right. I had to reset my router to fix it. Never happened again for some reason.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by assazzin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do you use to pull non-social mobs, in OT with the cactus I tried shurikens but the short range makes it tough not to get hit, I tried belo but it's hard to time it, any alternative ?
I prefer chant of frost and FV instead of OT by far. More mobs, smaller space, all social agro, no tigers or rhinos, minimum frogs to avoid.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer chant of frost and FV instead of OT by far. More mobs, smaller space, all social agro, no tigers or rhinos, minimum frogs to avoid.
I'm only 31, is FV possible, if yes where ?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm only 31, is FV possible, if yes where ?
You should be able to do it at 31. Here's a guide I made specifically for FV swarm kiting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDPkpVPneE

Old 06-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

i think aoe kiting is one of the easier things to do as a bard. a good bard will twist the right songs at the right time in groups/raids.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Aviak

I use chant of frost as well. Also can pretty easily level up your blacksmithing skill to make javelins with much better range. They are VERY nice but you can burn through them quickly considering how many mobs we pull each time. I tend to dot in wide open areas and use javelins in tight spaces or to pick off a second mob close to the first one I've dotted.

I started FV at 30 and did fine. Tend to do a /who to see how many bards were in OT and FV to determine where to exp for that day.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Shurikens should work fine. I know it feels really short range but you just need to get used to it and you should be fine. For your own sake and efficiency I really suggest learning how to use shurikens.
Closed Thread