Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in beta phase 2 I rolled up my first character...a barb warrior. I spent the next few nights killing spiders, goblins, and polar bears. I collected every single thing that dropped, sold it, and bought rough leather armor. Before long I was completely geared and so proud I was able to smash multiple mobs at a time.

A few days later, my roommate notices I am still in everfrost peaks. He starts laughing and informs me that I am no longer getting experience for killing spiders. It is then I learned that everfrost wasnt the only zone, con color matters, and collecting spider legs was a bad business plan if I ever planned on buying that shiny combine 2hander I was eyeing.

Being clued in, I set off to find blackburrow. After "feeling" my way through the tunnel that leads there I zone in. I begin to bash gnoll after gnoll, amazed they dropped so much coin and sometimes armor or a weapon. Filled with bloodlust I jump off the edge thinking I will fight my way back up since most of the gnolls were pushovers at this point.

As I drop past the second floor I must have caught aggro off a roamer. I hit the water and start exploring, killing gnolls along the way. Halfway into the second fight I notice gnolls are running around in mass, up and down ramps, slaughtering other players as they try to flee.

At this point I am thinking, "gnolls must not like water" since I am swimming around and they arent attacking me. Other players are screaming in shout for help only to be silenced moments later. I yell back to them to jump into the water where it is "safe".

Roughly 20 seconds later...I learn my next lesson in EQ. I cant tell you the fear I felt as I watched 50% of blackburrow heading my way. I figured there was no way to ever retrieve that corpse so I didnt. Lucky for me I had all that money (under 5pp) from spider legs to buy another sword and set of leather armor. Fun times.
I read this twice
Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read this twice
i read what you read twice, once.

and i read your message about you reading that twice, 5 times.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i read what you read twice, once.

and i read your message about you reading that twice, 5 times.
I read what you read about what he read that he read twice that you read once that I read thrice ... and then I remembered that when the tweedle beetles battle in a puddle in a bottle on a noodle eating poodle...
Old 11-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

I was raiding late with the guild, not sure where anymore (maybe Hate) nuking away and the head bobs started. Nuke...head starts lowering to the keyboard....head pops up....disoriented, better nuke.....head starts drooping...head snaps up, better nuke again.....head slumps...head pops up again, a lot more slowly this time, just about to nuke again and hear lots of chatter in TS (mostly wtf's). My vision clears and I've ported my whole group to Sky....Why I even had port to sky memmed is my second mistake. The old fellas still chuckle about that to this day when I log in sometimes.

Braemen <Taken>
Raevin <Taken>
Old 11-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

on Live, the day i dinged 46 on enc, got invited to pick up vox raid and bound myself in "safe hall" only to be killed about 14 times via death chain. had to pull the plug on my modem to stop it, think i went down to like 42 from 46 that night.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Dying to an SG in Oasis because I was looking at my other monitor, and then dying again to another - or perhaps the same - SG after getting my corpse because I still hadn't learned my lesson.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Deleted my (main) level 18 Human cleric on Mithaniel Marr (in the real 1999) late one night without realizing what I was doing.... Then going "Oh SH*T!" and logging in another character and /petition a GM but no help there

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 11-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you violated some intellectual property laws for some pixels, grats
And I'm still okay with that... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Krey
Old 11-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobold

I've liched myself to death at least 5 times when soloing and going AFK in between kills.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in beta phase 2 I rolled up my first character...a barb warrior. I spent the next few nights killing spiders, goblins, and polar bears. I collected every single thing that dropped, sold it, and bought rough leather armor. Before long I was completely geared and so proud I was able to smash multiple mobs at a time.

A few days later, my roommate notices I am still in everfrost peaks. He starts laughing and informs me that I am no longer getting experience for killing spiders. It is then I learned that everfrost wasnt the only zone, con color matters, and collecting spider legs was a bad business plan if I ever planned on buying that shiny combine 2hander I was eyeing.

Being clued in, I set off to find blackburrow. After "feeling" my way through the tunnel that leads there I zone in. I begin to bash gnoll after gnoll, amazed they dropped so much coin and sometimes armor or a weapon. Filled with bloodlust I jump off the edge thinking I will fight my way back up since most of the gnolls were pushovers at this point.

As I drop past the second floor I must have caught aggro off a roamer. I hit the water and start exploring, killing gnolls along the way. Halfway into the second fight I notice gnolls are running around in mass, up and down ramps, slaughtering other players as they try to flee.

At this point I am thinking, "gnolls must not like water" since I am swimming around and they arent attacking me. Other players are screaming in shout for help only to be silenced moments later. I yell back to them to jump into the water where it is "safe".

Roughly 20 seconds later...I learn my next lesson in EQ. I cant tell you the fear I felt as I watched 50% of blackburrow heading my way. I figured there was no way to ever retrieve that corpse so I didnt. Lucky for me I had all that money (under 5pp) from spider legs to buy another sword and set of leather armor. Fun times.
I wish others would post more stories like this.
Closed Thread