Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Aviak

I would totally join, but seeing people obviously twinked out with ALS tags kinda ruins it for me.

Even in your screen shots above... Aintnothang - You think he did all the crafted armor quests for BP/Legs/gloves/bracer, killed othmir in cobalt scar for those arms and boots, killed the king in lguk for SBB ... all before level 40?

I don't.

I would wager every slot in his inventory is itemized. (Don't take that bet, you will lose, I inspected him at the WC rings a couple days ago. He's fully geared)

Is there no system in place to kick out people who are obviously twinking?
Did everyone in that that raid see this dude fully geared out and not say a word?
Even in those screen shots he sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm mentioning aintno cause he happened to be in the screen shots above... i have seen several ALS twinks recently. (The full rubicite human in sola was pretty noticeable, for example.)

I really like the idea behind the guild, but is there no accountability for the rules/charter/playstyle?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Orc

Just a quick reply to Teak as this is not the forum for flames.

100% Aint isn't twinked. I helped him get 2 of the items for crafted.

The "twink" human you saw in rubicite was probably Delcross who has cultural smithing.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Aviak

None of the crafted is hard to do, just time consuming. I don't find it hard to believe he did all of that.

On my ALS character I waste a LOT of time farming stupid stuff. Spent 4-5 hours just farming Sarnak Hatchlings for brains/tapestry for my necro hat.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would totally join, but seeing people obviously twinked out with ALS tags kinda ruins it for me.

Even in your screen shots above... Aintnothang - You think he did all the crafted armor quests for BP/Legs/gloves/bracer, killed othmir in cobalt scar for those arms and boots, killed the king in lguk for SBB ... all before level 40?

I don't.

I would wager every slot in his inventory is itemized. (Don't take that bet, you will lose, I inspected him at the WC rings a couple days ago. He's fully geared)

Did everyone in that that raid see this dude fully geared out and not say a word?

I'm mentioning aintno cause he happened to be in the screen shots above... i have seen several ALS twinks recently. (The full rubicite human in sola was pretty noticeable, for example.)

I really like the idea behind the guild, but is there no accountability for the rules/charter/playstyle?
Wow man, pretty sad assumptions you're making, and really no need to. Not one of these guys is twinked.. there's no point to twink and be in ALS. Both are established players/members, and if they wanted to twink, would just go back to their other toons or leave the guild like all the others that couldn't resist the pull of the tunnel.. what we've all figured out, is that we don't need to be chasing gear to enjoy this game and remain effective doing it.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't.

Aintnothang here! The helmet is the Crested Helm from Mistmoore, not the SSB from Guk. I actually bought it from in guild and it fully fits within level restrictions placed upon it.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Crested_Helm

The arms are Cold Iron Vambraces from the Warrens. Highest level mob there is 25, I was 30 in this screenshot.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Cold_Iron_Vambraces

Boots are Blackened Alloy from Runnyeye.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Blackened_Alloy_Boots

As for the crafted pieces, the highest level mob I've had to kill was the Gypsie Musician in Mistmoore for the BP. Took a group to Najena to kill Trazdon for the pants. It was much harder to save plat for the gems than it was to get the drops.

I think I look pretty baller, glad to see you do too!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Orc

Default Thank you!

Quote:
I would totally join, but seeing ...
Now this is the best proof that our playstyle is so different from everyone else's on the server, people find it hard to believe that we can accomplish these goals.

Ever heard of anyone who has smithy trained up to 140 on a level 10 character self funded? I know one badass player who did that and he is playing in our guild. He farmed stacks of bone chips and spider silks (sold them to vendor too, as there is no big cash market for these within the guild) and cracked staves of course and he spent all this money to be able to kit himself out in banded.

He could have used other guildees help in crafting, as that is perfectly within our rules, but no. He wanted to do it himself.

Some people in our guild are so hardcore, even our current ruleset is not enough for them. I came across guildees who, when I offered gear to them, said that they'd rather get it themselves. Even though that piece of gear what I offered for sale was completely legit based on our no-twink rules (meaning that the monster dropping it has no more than 6 levels on your character's level).

They just want to feel a sense of accomplishment in gearing their characters up from scratch, and our guild provides the perfect environment for that.

It feels like rolling a new character on a new server, and being one of the highest level of your class. Most of the originals have done something similar, if not the very same when they started out on p99 with no cash and no high level main to twink their characters.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Oh I also forgot to mention that Rubicite geared fellow you saw was actually wearing dyed fine plate he crafted. He has recently crafted a set of cultural human armor as well.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I also forgot to mention that Rubicite geared fellow you saw was actually wearing dyed fine plate he crafted. He has recently crafted a set of cultural human armor as well.
And that, my friends, is the point of Auld Lang Syne.

lol @ Rubicite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Kobold

I for one felt super pumped to camp the Giant Heart Spider to get the Chitin shield and BP after many PH. Then to win on a lucky roll. Blew my mind! Was so exhilarating! So much more than buying stuff in EC.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned

You guys got any bands in the low-mid 30s range atm?
Closed Thread