Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Default Clickfests?

Recently, I've been noticing that lots of folk have been (seemingly) making an effort, across multiple platforms - reddit, these forums, the p99 discord, the sock for Sentry Badain himself - to pin the blame on someone for the fact that we have no choice but to engage in a terrible click fest for the ring 10 turn in. AG says Riot is to blame; Riot pins the blame on Freedom (I suppose if we're being fair the blame would properly fall on <Guild> or <Renamed Guild>, perhaps <Ghost> or maybe <Ghxst>; for the purposes of this rant and/or flame lets treat <Freedom> as the latest in the post-AM chain of entity succession).

Lots of finger pointing and allegations of who is the unreasonable party responsible for our collective misery, but not much in the way of supporting info. Let's get it all out there. Who's in favor of what? Whose fault is it that the last agreement broke down, and that a new one isn't in place? Who has proposed what in its place, and who has opposed for what reasons? Which of us is some combination of sad / mad / bad?

In short: who's stupid fault is it that i spent 5 hours on friday staring at a room full of equally-sick pixel fiends only to watch Sentry Badain spawn and despawn in about 1.5 seconds because someone else had their cursor in the exact right place to turn in the milisecond he spawned?

(inb4: beta server; "sorry you didn't get coldain loot"; welfare pixels; classic v. not classic; etc).