Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I was fine with them nerfing the gnoll scrolls for a month. No one back in the day would’ve been able to accumulate that many scrolls because accounts cost money and plus of course knowledge was slightly less widespread in terms of quests. I don’t think they cared about the server first achievement, I think they cared about a guy doing something that would’ve been almost completely impossible back in the day.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

There were at least two specific times in just the first year where they removed a quest NPC due to newly emergent behavior. A new server would open and people who knew these quest tricks would use them to get a lot of plat at a low level or level extremely quickly with no risk. The most notable one was the tumpy tonics quest. I can't remember the name of the other and it was far less known or bitched about but you simply pulled a guy all the way across the zone then zoned out and had someone spamming hails. then you had the 2 quest NPCs next to each other. Keep doing the turn in and make a small amount of coin.

In both cases the NPCs were removed from the game pending a proper fix.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was fine with them nerfing the gnoll scrolls for a month. No one back in the day would’ve been able to accumulate that many scrolls because accounts cost money and plus of course knowledge was slightly less widespread in terms of quests. I don’t think they cared about the server first achievement, I think they cared about a guy doing something that would’ve been almost completely impossible back in the day.
Yes but that DIDN'T MATTER!

Who actually gives a fuck if someone turns in 10000000000~ scrolls?

I don't. Doesn't affect your play, doesn't affect my play.

What affects my play is no one being able to use the quests because of some weird concern how several individuals are going to level. It's fucking crazy! I had newbies in my guild not being able to turn in fucking bone chips! They took away a perfectly fine method for newbs to get some xp and help them level because of one guy.

The screwed over hundreds and hundreds of players for no reason.

Classique!
Old 04-01-2021, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What affects my play is no one being able to use the quests because of some weird concern how several individuals are going to level. It's fucking crazy! I had newbies in my guild not being able to turn in fucking bone chips! They took away a perfectly fine method for newbs to get some xp and help them level because of one guy.

Classique!
Well, what COULD have happened was a small set of people(just 2 would have been enough) could have turbo leveled using the scrolls and then immediately went down an perma held the king camp with other people using the account...

I honestly thought ST or one of the other big guilds would have done exactly this -- by using a turbo leveling team feeding just a handful of people exp in order to perma hold it. but at the end of the day the staff is useless for raiding so makes sense it didn't happen and better to level everyone up to get to trak earlier.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Classique!
The sad thing about kaladim bone chips is they had previously been investigated, and were actually giving xp which matched classic sources.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Orc

But...our characters aren't being deleted right?
Old 04-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But...our characters aren't being deleted right?
You need to play with the assumption in mind your character could be deleted any day.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Classique!

Yes, that was a bizzare sociopathic power play.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:03 PM
Server GM

Green's fate is undetermined.

There's no plans to permanently wipe any characters, the only exception is to free up character names because people seem to think it's fun to hoard them.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Classique!
Right but I didn’t say anything about that. I said I was ok with the scroll nerf never said anything about the other nerfs
Closed Thread