Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? It forces only 2 kinds of guilds to be allowed to compete, those with thick enough neckbeards (aka no-lifers, retirees, unemployed), or zerg (able to field raid force at all hours). The rest of us cannot compete.

You thought Seal Team "Liked Competition (tm)"? Bullshit, they can't win a PHINNY race. The only reason they win 7day raid targets is because nobody else can possibly bear the 16 hour spawn window! GIVE US A FAIR SHOT TO COMPETE. YOU WILL SEE ACTUAL COMPETITION.

Rogean and Nilbog have ensured this end-game content is reserved for only the hardcore or the zerg. There is no other possible explanation for the 16 hour window.

We demand a 4 hour window (+/- 2 hours), or 8 day earthquakes (specifically so the window, whatever it may be, still exists, but there will also be a guaranteed spawn that moves the respawn 1 day every week), OR BOTH, ideally.

Don't even start with the "open raid". Once we start contesting those, you'll see it's really ST vs the entire Green server. IF YOU WANT COMPETITION, GET RID OF THE 16 HOUR WINDOW.
Spoiler alert: GMs don’t want competition, it means they have to do more
Old 08-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoiler alert: GMs don’t want competition, it means they have to do more
Sure seems like they have a ton of shit to contend with the competition levels as it stands. With two servers and the bones of red to contend with, plus the raid scenes of both green/blue, ten page legal documents submitted from both sides on every encounter on green weekly. I'm sure a rotation would be far less management for them to contend with than this meta.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like a personal problem, people who want it have no problem

Good bye.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? It forces only 2 kinds of guilds to be allowed to compete, those with thick enough neckbeards (aka no-lifers, retirees, unemployed), or zerg (able to field raid force at all hours). The rest of us cannot compete.

You thought Seal Team "Liked Competition (tm)"? Bullshit, they can't win a PHINNY race. The only reason they win 7day raid targets is because nobody else can possibly bear the 16 hour spawn window! GIVE US A FAIR SHOT TO COMPETE. YOU WILL SEE ACTUAL COMPETITION.

Rogean and Nilbog have ensured this end-game content is reserved for only the hardcore or the zerg. There is no other possible explanation for the 16 hour window.

We demand a 4 hour window (+/- 2 hours), or 8 day earthquakes (specifically so the window, whatever it may be, still exists, but there will also be a guaranteed spawn that moves the respawn 1 day every week), OR BOTH, ideally.

Don't even start with the "open raid". Once we start contesting those, you'll see it's really ST vs the entire Green server. IF YOU WANT COMPETITION, GET RID OF THE 16 HOUR WINDOW.

Its always been an issue. For that reason I tend to reroll and enjoy the 1 to 50.

The problem im having now is that, with Green being released, rerolling on blue is kind of bleh. There just arent nearly as many groups around in the 1 to 45 range anymore.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Aviak

Sorry you lose races. Let's change the rules so you can show up and use 19 year old strats in a 20 year old game to win.

You mom will love you again.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you lose races. Let's change the rules so you can show up and use 19 year old strats in a 20 year old game to win.

You mom will love you again.
Rants and Flames in a nutshell: where grown men come to bicker like little girls.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Aviak

The disconnect, imho, is that people assume this is a PVE game and you are entitled to what you can theoretically kill.

What makes EQ PVE unique, is that it's a PVCompetition game. Naggy isn't the bad guy, the other guy trying to take your lewts is. And losing and crying about it just means you don't get the game at all. You should seek games with instances, quest logs and stop giving us /list camps.

If you didn't go to church this week, you're welcome for me giving you religion.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Then lets forget this FTE nonsense and go to DPS race.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Skeleton

I think people have been tricked somehow into thinking that being able to wait 16 hours longer than the other guy is some kind of a skill they've honed and not just...really sad. If the variance is reduced you get MORE of that "unique PVCompetition" that really does make this a cool video game because more than just the sock troglodytes will be able to compete. Why are we optimizing this experience toward being able to sit at a computer doing literally nothing?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Aviak

Every window I’m at, I see way more <Everyone Else> than I see Seal Team. So, how do 16 hour windows make the bigger group of neckbeards bad? Are you really saying that Seal Team only loses because they sit for 16 hours better? What about quakes?

Unless the problem isn’t the windows. But you need an excuse. It couldn’t possibly be you, right?
Closed Thread