Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 04:37 PM
Orc

it seems freeport did not have x and y transposed(i assumed it did because ocean of tears did). so all i need to do is transpose my numbers on map and redo the testgrid.
but later i need to sleep.

i wont get any bonus cuz i dont play blue. lol
Old 09-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it seems freeport did not have x and y transposed(i assumed it did because ocean of tears did). so all i need to do is transpose my numbers on map and redo the testgrid.
but later i need to sleep
You may have picked literally the worst zone with OOT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As the http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium explains ...

Quote:
Ocean of Tears Boats
One change in the game that has no justification other than "the developers wanted it' are the Ocean of Tears boats. This change is the direction the boats travel: on Project 1999 the boats travel in the opposite direction. This change was made because the live version of Ocean of Tears had its original East-West axis switched. Since logically it makes no sense for boats from Freeport to travel West to get to Faydwer (and vice versa) the developers switched the directions in this zone.
I'm guessing the transposition you saw is related to that?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

You are a saint Loramin!

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 09-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Orc

Exclamation

Hey so after waking up and taking a gander at freeport west. This transpose stuff is getting more confusing. It seems Freeport uses a transposed system and I'm not supposed to "un-transpose" it.

If I do not un-transpose and use the exact coordinates I see in EQ viewer, they match up exactly with the coordinates for NPCS we have listed for Freeport West.

I don't like it.
When I move East/West, the Y axis is changing.
When I move North/South the X axis is changing.

If I'm to create a map where X runs left and right, I would have to rotate the map.
Now the map no longer faces pointing up to North and it may just confuse players so much.

Or I leave it facing North and then mark on the map's axis the change in the X and Y axis?

The axis are set like this for all 3 Freeport maps.
==============
Er I might be making an assumption on which way North is. (i thought I got its direction using other maps)
So I just learned the loc command returns coordinates out of order and many other zones seem to have the +X direction equated to North?

Quote:
/loc
To get your coordinate location in your current zone, type "/loc" or simply "/l". The resulting set of numbers is in the form of (y, x, z).

y: North (positive) and South (negative)
x: West (positive) and East (negative)
z: Up (positive) and Down (negative)
Note: The z coordinate often won't be needed, and is therefore not used in many cases.

Example: If you are at (200, 500) and you need to get to (-1300, 400), you must travel South and slightly to the East.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quandry.jpg (57.9 KB, 56 views)
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-25-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:01 PM
Orc

Angry

Ok I really need this clarified. Let's look at Unrest, a map we have established and working and has this mismatched X and Y axis like many other maps.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you go up the map, the X axis increases.
If you go down, the X axis decreases.

Left = Y axis increase.
Right = Y axis decrease.

THE BIG QUESTION:
Which way is North???

I went in-game, used True North spell and it pointed me up the map. (towards the mansion's front door if I stood at the tunnel entrance to zone)

Quote:
/loc
To get your coordinate location in your current zone, type "/loc" or simply "/l". The resulting set of numbers is in the form of (y, x, z).

y: North (positive) and South (negative)
x: West (positive) and East (negative)
z: Up (positive) and Down (negative)
I think the instructions on this are wrong. I think it should be
y: West (positive) and East (negative)
x: North (positive) and South (negative)

This may not be so bad after all, because the loc command returns the numbers in the form (y,x), we will intuitively interpret it as (x,y) when looking at the map which technically uses Y as the x-axis, and X as the y-axis.
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-25-2019 at 11:14 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:39 PM
Orc

Lightbulb

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The original map and testGrid I posted were correct. I thought it was wrong cause I checked an NPC coordinates and they were flipped.

Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'Freeport_west_grid.png',
    height: 690,
    width: 845,
    zeroX: 385,
    zeroY: 439,
    interval: 200,
    maxX: 1400,
    maxY: 1600,
    minX: -1600,
    minY: -800,
    zoomX: 0.25,
    zoomY: 0.25
})
Old 09-26-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome! I left the original EQ Atlas maps on the zone pages, because they have more info, but I also added a link to the new map. Then I added that zone info, and now if you go to see http://wiki.project1999.com/Captain_Hazran (or any other West Freeport mob) ... it's mapped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:31 AM
Orc

Here is Freeport North

Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportNorth-Grid.jpg',
    height: 601,
    width: 683,
    zeroX: 376,
    zeroY: 283,
    interval: 200,
    maxX: 800,
    maxY: 600,   
    minX: -600,
    minY: -600,
    zoomX: 0.39,
    zoomY: 0.39
})
Freeport East has underground tunnels below city buildings and I think there were NPCs in them. How should that grid map be done?
I could have 2 separate maps above/below ground.
I could have a single gif image that flips below/above ground every 5 secs or so.

Maybe I could fade(transparent) the underground image above the other to make one image.

Or just do an overhead grid map and not worry about it.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:43 AM
Orc

For perspective, here's what im seeing and the 3rd picture is editing them together just copy pasting the tunnels on top.
I could spend extra time cleaning up the tunnel image thats pasted on top, removing most of the black and giving it a nice outline or something.

Eh idk. This is the part where it gets tricky to decide what to do and I know theres a ton of maps with layers and layers of stuff above and below eachother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suggestion.jpg (103.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-26-2019, 06:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Buy Assignment Help Online at 20% OFF

I highly appreciate your keen interest. Make your life hassle-free and smooth by leveraging Nursing Assignment Help service of GoAssignmentHelp portal. Here at GoAssignmentHelp, You can ask for help with cloud computing assignment online at best available & affordable prices.
Closed Thread