Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is Teal server a good or bad idea?
Good 254 68.10%
Bad 90 24.13%
Opinionless monkey 29 7.77%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Kobold

So now you want a new server, make up your mind
Old 11-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the people who think it’s a bad idea have leveled past the pack, and don’t feel the overpopulation. Their entire identity is wrapped up in being a high level in a fictional world. If the server splits, the amount of people they are “better than” is halved. If you look at this through the lens of a diseased mind, it makes sense why they’d be upset.
I'm not past the pack by any means. My 3 characters are all below level 20, one is below level 10. If you want to go to CB, Blackburrow, and Unrest then sure you're going to have trouble. If you want to explore the world and level in other zones other than the most popular one for your level range, then you'll have more fun.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Orc

I’m getting the feeling teal has more to due with concern of 25/30+ dungeons and legacy /list items getting topped out. It seems like it could be good for that. Not as a necessary for the 1-10 game as that is bottoming it seems.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the people who think it’s a bad idea have leveled past the pack, and don’t feel the overpopulation. Their entire identity is wrapped up in being a high level in a fictional world. If the server splits, the amount of people they are “better than” is halved. If you look at this through the lens of a diseased mind, it makes sense why they’d be upset.
It's funny how many people are sitting on the forums calling everyone who doesn't want this change pixel farming retards with social problems.

I'm level 7 and haven't logged on in 3 days, I think this decision is too quick to be accurately made. What's up, bro? Gonna call me diseased? You think anyone cares about someone who can't make any argument other than insulting people?
Old 11-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny how many people are sitting on the forums calling everyone who doesn't want this change pixel farming retards with social problems.

I'm level 7 and haven't logged on in 3 days, I think this decision is too quick to be accurately made. What's up, bro? Gonna call me diseased? You think anyone cares about someone who can't make any argument other than insulting people?
Nah, I’m going to recommend a dictionary. I said “most of the people” and you somehow confuse that as me “calling everyone...retards with social problems.” Stop being a princess acting as if you’re a shining counterexample. I never suggested all people against the split are this way. And I did offer what I thought was a sympathetic perspective of why they would be against a split.

As for why I think a split is good, of the two people I invited to play with me, both of them quit because spawn camping annoyed them. They said they’d try again in a couple weeks when the population in the newbie zones wasn’t as crazy. I don’t know if they’ll come back or not. But, I doubt these are the only two people who have quit over population issues.

Also, I played on p99 in 2009 when it first opened. The server population then was great, and it hardly ever surpassed 1000. In fact, for the first few days whenever the server hit 1000 pop, it would either crash or just start disconnecting large numbers of people. In short, shh bby, it’ll be fine. If not, they’ll merge.
Last edited by Smashed; 11-03-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm level 7 and haven't logged on in 3 days, I think this decision is too quick to be accurately made.
I'm level 12 and play during off-peak hours so I'm relatively unaffected by the peak-time overpopulation. I actually like being able to play on a server with 1200 people at 4:00am, but I can only imagine how terrible the experience is during peak hours when the population doubles. It must be unplayable.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nah, I’m going to recommend a dictionary. I said “most of the people” and you somehow confuse that as me “calling everyone...retards with social problems.” Stop being a princess acting as if you’re a shining counterexample. I never suggested all people against the split are this way. And I did offer what I thought was a sympathetic perspective of why they would be against a split.

As for why I think a split is good, of the two people I invited to play with me, both of them quit because spawn camping annoyed them. They said they’d try again in a couple weeks when the population in the newbie zones wasn’t as crazy. I don’t know if they’ll come back or not. But, I doubt these are the only two people who have quit over population issues.

Also, I played on p99 in 2009 when it first opened. The server population then was great, and it hardly ever surpassed 1000. In fact, for the first few days whenever the server hit 1000 pop, it would either crash or just start disconnecting large numbers of people. In short, shh bby, it’ll be fine. If not, they’ll merge.
This last paragraph is completely incorrect. Average pop within a couple months of launch was 2k-2.3k give or take. Confirmed by Brad as well
Old 11-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed
Also, I played on p99 in 2009 when it first opened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This last paragraph is completely incorrect. Average pop within a couple months of launch was 2k-2.3k give or take. Confirmed by Brad as well
I don't keep up with real life names, is there someone associated with p99 in 2009 named Brad? Or are you someone else who reads a sentence, and spices it up with new and different words, then expects me to answer for them?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Mixed feelings, will lose some friends I made during my level 1 to 15 as they plan tomove, but my guild is remaining and they are ok ...

So bad for me for making me lose what few virtual friends I have, but who knows? Perhaps good for the server? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't keep up with real life names, is there someone associated with p99 in 2009 named Brad? Or are you someone else who reads a sentence, and spices it up with new and different words, then expects me to answer for them?
Brad would be the person who created EverQuest...
Closed Thread