Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Default multiquest

can you turn in part of a mq on your main and the rest on alt? for example if I turn in AC ring to hasten then turn in gold and rapier on my alt will it grant alt item? it has to be done quicker?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Unless Hasten died or someone else hands in items, the tables would keep. I did a MQ for my monk's robe, and after the first pipe was turned in (1/3 requirements) the robe was provided. This even happened after a few cycles of de-spawning and re-spawning. If you decide to do this, bring a friend to literally sit there and hail Hasten the entire time you swap characters so he doesn't start running off.

So yea, you would have time. A more convenient idea would be to trade MQs with someone in a similar situation.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

You can but I would suggest you have someone you trust there to constantly hail Hasten so he stays put. Make sure you have both characters camped in the spot you are going to do the turn-in at before you begin the MQ, and get it completed as quickly as you can.

There is a huge risk of someone coming along and screwing up or ganking your MQ while you're swapping, and if you weren't aware, the staff no longer supports MQing and will likely say "too bad, play better" if something like that were to actually happen.

Best of luck
Old 09-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

I've done 3 Jboot MQs to my own alts by turning in the ring and gold on my druid, and then camping to the alt to hand in the rapier.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Large Bat

I have done that just a few days ago to get my alts JBoots. I even screwed up by going /q which forced me to wait a few minutes to log back in on my other account. When I found Hasten after a couple more minutes the turn in worked just fine.

This thread expalins how MQing works: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...tiquest+jboots. The gist of it is, that MQable Quest-NPC have a pool that the right items get filled into and that will give out the reward as soon as someone hands in the last item. This pool does not expire and even allows for several Multiquests to be done at the same time as long as the last item is always the same. So unless someone kills Hasten or turns the gold in without adding ring and rapier you should be fine.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

Logging does not remove the MQ inventory from the NPC, just like an Enchanter going LD won't remove a charmed pet weapons.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Fire Giant

As others have said, yes this will work. You risk someone else coming along to do the quest and fucking it up depending on what time of the day you attempt it though.