Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Looking for guild!

Hi all I’ve put it off long enough I think it’s time I open myself up to guild recruitment. I am a level 39 monk and a casual player. Looking for a guild to reignite my interest in p1999. I would not be opposed to raiding every now and then but have a very busy schedule so I can not commit to set times. Hope there is someone out there for me!
Old 04-20-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

It sounds to me like you need to choose between a casual guild, and a casual raid guild. You can find both at: http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List.

Casual guilds will accept you at your current level and give you a place to meet friends, join groups, and maybe even do a small amount of raiding for the easier epic pieces and such. These tend to be the best guilds for finding companions as you level up.

Your other option is a casual raid guild, like my guild, Anonymous. Most strict raid guilds will require a minimum of level 46 or higher to join (because you need to be that level to enter the planes in-game), but casual raid guilds like Anon will sometimes make exceptions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Recruiting Thread
Our minimum level requirement is 46 to become a full member, though those below that level are welcome to app and if approved will gain access to discord, guildchat and the general assistance of the guild while you progress towards 46. These members will remain app status until they reach 46, the minimum level to apply is 30.
While casual raid guilds will definitely have people leveling up that you can join with, their focus is going to be more on raiding, so obviously you should go that route only if you're interested in raiding. Of course you could also wait and join a less casual raid guild, but casual guilds will be more "friendly" when it comes to raiding than less casual ones, and IMHO are a much better way to introduce yourself to raiding.

For instance, less casual raid guilds tend to rely heavily on the "batphone", whereas guilds like Anonymous do have a "batphone", but tend to have structured/fixed raid nights (eg. we do Sky every Wednesday at 5pm PST/8pm EST, as Sky has fun items for every class, and HoT every Friday, same time, for Dragon armor for every class ... along with some alliance raids and less planned stuff in-between).

Even if your schedule is busy, making these known times can be a lot easier than raiding when the batphone tweets. Also, in a guild like Anon raids tend to be 100% optional (Anon's only requirement is that you have to have been attending a certain small percentage of raids if you want to win loot, just so that no one shows up out of nowhere and takes a treasured item after not raiding for awhile). Also if you need to AFK or leave a raid early to deal with kids or similar IRL issues, casual raid guilds will tend not to care, whereas less casual ones might get annoyed.

But ultimately I'd decide first: are you looking for friends to group with as you get to 60, or a chance at some groups, but with your focus on getting to 46 (and then getting to 60) while also getting into raiding? Once you decide that, follow the guild list link and check out your options (which will hopefully include Anonymous if you're looking for casual raiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-20-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 04-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds to me like you need to choose between a casual guild, and a casual raid guild. You can find both at: http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List.
That list is horribly out of date. Not directed at you personally, but just saying this forum is a far better resource for people researching guilds. The wiki page would be a nice reference if it was able to be kept current.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That list is horribly out of date. Not directed at you personally, but just saying this forum is a far better resource for people researching guilds. The wiki page would be a nice reference if it was able to be kept current.
Could you give some examples of how "horribly out of date" it is?

The wiki is always going to lag behind the forum, but generally speaking it does a very good job of staying up to date because it's in each guilds' best interest to keep it up to date. And the wiki offers something key the forum doesn't: a way to see all of the guilds, and relevant details that can help you decide whether they're the guild for you, "at a glance", without having to wade through twenty-plus different guild threads.

The only way the wiki tends to fall out of date is with dead guilds, but those are easy to see by following their thread link, and easy to remove by anyone who notices they're dead (as it says at the top of the page "This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute. If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.")

So, I know you didn't mean anything personal, but having worked on that page a lot over the years I respectfully disagree about it being horribly out of date. While I recognize that it won't always be 100% accurate, I still think it's a very valuable resource and a much better place for new players looking for a guild to start (and, by design, the very next step after using it should be to follow the forum thread link and get the latest details on a guild you're interested in).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-20-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Old 04-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you give some examples of how "horribly out of date" it is?
  • It lists Tempest as a 24/7 top content raiding guild. They haven't raided since 24th Jan.
  • It lists Venerate, which hasn't really existing since merging with Tempest ~8 months ago?
  • It lists Clue (fizzled out since book not up incident).
  • It doesn't include Core.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

Dawn Believers is always recruiting and is the largest guild on server. Lots of people to level up with, depending on your TZ
Old 04-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • It lists Tempest as a 24/7 top content raiding guild. They haven't raided since 24th Jan.
  • It lists Venerate, which hasn't really existing since merging with Tempest ~8 months ago?
  • It lists Clue (fizzled out since book not up incident).
Fixed (like I said, dead guilds are the wiki's weak spot ... but they're easy to fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • It doesn't include Core.
For whatever reason, Core doesn't want the recruiting benefits of a wiki entry. I'll leave it up to them to add their own entry since only they know their own guild details, and since the page has instructions for how they can do so.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dawn Believers is always recruiting and is the largest guild on server. Lots of people to level up with, depending on your TZ
Kittens is the largest guild on the server by total membership (confirmed by Sirken).
Closed Thread