Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 02:41 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloChanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such familiar names, smashing to see you all.

I started up on the blue server, and am wandering around Toxullia as a level 5 enchanter named Haloface. Some things never change! Hit me up if you're about.

Cheers,

Halo
How's your progress going, Halo? 😀 I'm considering maybe rolling up a new toon - maybe Erdite. Toxx was my 1st newb zone back in the days when the humanoid races really *were* blind at night. That combined with the smaller visual area of the old UI, ignorance of Norrathian geography & about everything EQ made Toxxulia forest rather special for me once upon a time.

Oh, and having to be totally blind (reading spellbook) to meditate was awesomely classic. Making mana users blind to regen mana seriously gave a benefit to having at least 1 pure melee in a group in dangerous places, no? Or perhaps assigning 1 person to be on watch if not?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Landslide membre here, Gimlore & Kassos

Sssarn

Fantasy
Old 09-16-2018, 04:12 AM
Skeleton

Oohh Landslide member, careful around here mate! Only joshin :P The name Kassos rings a bell. I forget the LS leader - an ogre shaman if I remember?

It's not going bad Asteria. Tox Forest is good for 1 - 4 and I tried to stick it out with quests, but alas the pull to Qeynos and BB was too great. Those fangs sure do help levelling. I really am meandering though, so only level 5. I did a long-arse quest for a Servant's Staff which took me from Tox Forest to Qeynos to BB to Everfrost Peaks. Was very long and the payoff was a 1h caster staff with +5 mana. So not great, but it tapped directly into the fun and investment which I imagine gripped everyone back in the day before the grind/loot kicks in.

God I remember being virtually blind as an Erudite caster and doing BB dungeon crawl. Was completely mental. And yeah that old UI, all the cream and yellow against a pitch black screen. And if the sun came through your curtains - forget about it. Game over, man. Game over.

Best wishes,

Halo
Closed Thread