Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Item Loot
I am MORE inclined to try a Team PVP server with Item loot. 27 23.68%
I am LESS inclined to try a Team PVP server with Item loot. 48 42.11%
I have no strong opinions regarding PvP loot mechanics. 10 8.77%
I am completely opposed to any PvP server rule sets, and will not play regardless. 29 25.44%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default Teams & Item Loot poll for Blue Players

Sirken just announced that Nilbog and other members of the Project 1999 staff are attempting to come up with a varient of item loot for implementation of the Teams 99 server. (Which is to launch at some point following Velious)

While teams 99 is designed to help provide a PvP experience for a wide variety of players and playing styles, item loot remains a controversial issue in the red forums, and we wonder how you, the Blue player base, feel about it.

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion, any constructive comments below would be greatly appreciated to add to the conversation.
Last edited by Lowlife; 11-11-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 11-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Would prefer something similar to Hidden Forest.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Keep it as gold only for non pvp flagged. Have pvp flagged enable ability to item loot.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingleson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would prefer something similar to Hidden Forest.
I have no idea what that is.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

Tbh I dunno what you mean about item loot. Are you talking about NPC loot, or PC loot?

Will hold my vote till I know exactly. I am PvP nubz0r

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

One of the most obnoxious parts of red is all the morons who think that because they can kill noobs in Unrest with a fungi, cloak of flames, and a ragebringer/RFS they are some sort of Elfquest badasses.

IMO every item should have a 'max-lootable-level' property and if your character dies in PVP under that level, your item can be looted. An easy way to set max lootable would be any item from a mob = mob_level-15. So fungi tunics would be lootable off twinks below level 41, Cloak of Flames below 40, RFS below 35, Epic below 50, etc.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Item loot = when you kill a player you can loot one piece of gear the person has equipped, as long as the item is not no-drop and not in the primary or secondary slot (weapon, book, etc...). Items in bags also cannot be looted. This is how it worked on RZ.

This means that if you killed a melee you could loot his equipped FBSS or Skull-Shaped Barbute, but not his weapons or his no-drop planar armor. If you killed a caster you could loot his robe, but not his Stein of Moggok, etc...

Item loot basically incentivizes everyone to wear as much no-drop gear as possible, even if the stats are shittier than droppable items. It also means casters are much more powerful since they are less item-dependent than melees.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the most obnoxious parts of red is all the morons who think that because they can kill noobs in Unrest with a fungi, cloak of flames, and a ragebringer/RFS they are some sort of Elfquest badasses.

IMO every item should have a 'max-lootable-level' property and if your character dies in PVP under that level, your item can be looted. An easy way to set max lootable would be any item from a mob = mob_level-15. So fungi tunics would be lootable off twinks below level 41, Cloak of Flames below 40, RFS below 35, Epic below 50, etc.
Great suggestion Splorf! I'm going to quote it on the red forums.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot = when you kill a player you can loot one piece of gear the person has equipped, as long as the item is not no-drop and not in the primary or secondary slot (weapon, book, etc...). Items in bags also cannot be looted. This is how it worked on RZ.

This means that if you killed a melee you could loot his equipped FBSS or Skull-Shaped Barbute, but not his weapons or his no-drop planar armor. If you killed a caster you could loot his robe, but not his Stein of Moggok, etc...

Item loot basically incentivizes everyone to wear as much no-drop gear as possible, even if the stats are shittier than droppable items. It also means casters are much more powerful since they are less item-dependent than melees.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is a good idea, except I would say disable epic MQs entirely so they aren't even a factor.
Closed Thread