Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Barbarian Shamans are for people who want to invest less time in their characters (lower experience penalty) or highly value the arguably better default factions, or who simply prefer the way they look. At level 60 they're the worst of the four Shaman races in terms of combat effectiveness. Spiritist's Hammer doesn't change this. It's awfully nice during the leveling phase but I wouldn't make a Barbarian solely for that reason. Consider it more of a perk if you were going to pick Barbarian anyway.

Ogres are not stun immune; this is a common misconception. They're immune to bashes from the frontal arc. Non-frontal bashes and magical stuns hit them the same as anyone else. It's still a strong racial ability but does have limits a player should be aware of.

Danth
Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'd reroll troll or ogre, ogre because they look kind of cool at 60 with full gear, troll for the regen. Can't say I ever would like to a shaman iksar, they just arent "beefy" looking enough to me. However Iksar necro is fanfrakkingtastic.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting Pasi, now I'm curious why they added the proc mod to BSH at all. The claim about the bonethunder staff I heard was that the damage got reduced 4x so they raised proc rates to compensate. That is not the case with winter's roar however.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to papercolor

The barb hammer is great from 30 to 40 and thats about it. Once your 40+ you can start hunting mobs that hurt. Once fighting these mobs would you rather.....

Mele - hoping for a proc and losing health cuz the mob is doubling you for 100...
Root - 30mana and gain health due to regen, cana, dot, JBB

Also if your 40+ with a Barbarian Spirit Hammer I would sell it and buy a JBB.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercolor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The barb hammer is great from 30 to 40 and thats about it. Once your 40+ you can start hunting mobs that hurt. Once fighting these mobs would you rather.....

Mele - hoping for a proc and losing health cuz the mob is doubling you for 100...
Root - 30mana and gain health due to regen, cana, dot, JBB

Also if your 40+ with a Barbarian Spirit Hammer I would sell it and buy a JBB.
No offense but very few 55+ shammies use jbb...

I'm talking about a lvl 60 shaman with torpor trying to farm dungeons...

Methinks a barb shaman can really shine with bsh

If we're talking just grinding then any race with epic and root can just rot stuff down...
I'm just saying that barb shammies might be better than the consensus that ogre>all
Old 10-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Project Manager

To be clear:

There should be no weapon with a procmod correct? There are very few that currently exist in game. Will change the mod if this should be the case.

Quote:
select count(*) from items where procrate > '0' and itemtype <> '19'

Quote:
Frostwrath,Reforged Sword of Truth,Blade of Frozen Steel,Barbed Fishing Net,Gleaming Shai`din Naginata,Hammer of Souls,Hammer of Judgment,Staff of Writhing,Wakizashi of the Frozen Skies,Claw of the Grimling Slayer,Short Sword of the Grimling Slayer,Great Sword of the Grimling Slayer,Hammer of the Grimling Slayer,Staff of the Grimling Slayer,Dirk of the Grimling Slayer,Spear of Eternal Bondage,Soulbane,Trident of the Seven Seas,Blasphemous Blade of the Exiled,Pebble Crusher,Skull Shaped Wand,Vile Rib of War,Partisan of Stampede,Mithril Knuckles,Short Bone Blade of the Grimling,Spider Silk Whip,Spider Silk Handwraps,Long Sword of the Defender,Bloody Stone Dagger,Claw of the Savage Spirit,Snowchipper,Silver Blade of Thunder,Fiercewind,Large Meat Tenderizer,Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer,DawnFire, Morning Star of Light,Staff of Undead Legions,Sarnak Liberator,Hammer of Divinity,Fireclaw Talons,Revtu's Platnium Ulak,Hammer of Holy Vengeance,Pile Driver,Obsidian Scimitar of War,Withering Staff of Agony,Coral Headed Mace,Furious Hammer of Zek,Kelp Hilted Mace,Darkblade of the Warlord,Ivory Hilted Cleaver,Gleaming Obsidian Shard,Greatstaff of the Four Winds,Corpsegrinder,Greatstaff of Power,Bow of the Huntsman,Rune Etched Icewurm Fang,Ishinaear Xiall,Acrylia Handled Broadsword,The Sword of Ssraeshza,Caen's Bo Staff of Fury,Fiery Staff of Zha,Bloodfrenzy,Great Sword of Pestilence,Hammer of Damnation,Clawed Griffin Sword,Spear of Winter,Club of the Ice Ocean,Sledge of Smashing,An Insanity Crawler Fang,The Golden Pick,Brightflame, Pride of the Lifebringer,Tarantella,Summoned: Windwoven Dreamcatcher,Summoned: Searing Torch,Summoned: Icefall Icicle,Summoned: Jagged Ragesword,Hugs,Dainsleif,Durandal,Kisses,TriXim, Dagger of the King,Ensorcelled Great Sword of the Night,Summoned: Burning Shank,Aged Frozen Zweihander,Aged Smoldering Cudgel,Coldforged War Hammer,Summoned: Staff of the North Wind,Summoned: Fireblade,Summoned: Dagger of the Deep,Hammer of Reproach,Sporali Battle Hammer of Spirits,Daybreak, Bringer of Light,Greater Spiked Staff,Mace of Silent Shadow,Maul of Silent Shadow
Proposed fix would be to set procrate to 0 for these items.

Discuss.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You seem pretty adamant about making a barb for bsh, so just do it, play what you want, if u wanna min/max go ogre ( frontal stun immunity is nice but like they said spell stun/push can interrupt you as well) , I went Troll for regen and because i think they look awesome, iksar cant use jbb but its not really a big deal later on because you are already clicking 100 buttons already, Barbs are kindof the easy road easier to exp over all / faction which really isnt a hugh deal but its hard to sell in certain areas, and regen is kindof w/e once you get torpor, its a bonus

it has been discussed like 3 million times so play what you want, lvling is a pretty big time investment, maybe role one of each to 20 or something idk bsh isnt game breaking so i wouldn't base my decision solely on that

also new model barb females have the best juggs in game pretty good reason to role that
Last edited by zrugg; 10-19-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be clear:

There should be no weapon with a procmod correct? There are very few that currently exist in game. Will change the mod if this should be the case.

Proposed fix would be to set procrate to 0 for these items.

Discuss.
Correct.

I remember it being a Luclin mechanic which that post on SK.org (which has been reposted pretty much everywhere) agrees with.

There is a small possibility that there were items that had a proc mod in Luclin, but was nerfed prior to that post's date. Unfortunately, there's really no way of knowing any weapons that belong to that group since that post was when the identifier was discovered.

One thing I've noticed is that all the classic/Kunark items that have procmods now (EQlive), are procs of nukes that had their spell level reduced on the spell revamp.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian Shamans are for people who want to invest less time in their characters (lower experience penalty) or highly value the arguably better default factions, or who simply prefer the way they look. At level 60 they're the worst of the four Shaman races in terms of combat effectiveness. Spiritist's Hammer doesn't change this. It's awfully nice during the leveling phase but I wouldn't make a Barbarian solely for that reason. Consider it more of a perk if you were going to pick Barbarian anyway.

Ogres are not stun immune; this is a common misconception. They're immune to bashes from the frontal arc. Non-frontal bashes and magical stuns hit them the same as anyone else. It's still a strong racial ability but does have limits a player should be aware of.

Danth
Actually Iksars are the worst overall due to the inability to wear and use the JBB, which will be an item that you will be using even in the 60's (free damage to kill mobs with while you farm).

Ogre's frontal immunity is nice but is rarely put to use. The most useful racial trait for shaman is regen, which the troll and Iksar have. Since trolls can wear the JBB they are ranked #1.

#2 would be ogre, then barb at #3. The barb gets ranked 3 because they basically have no racial trait at all, so might as well put the ogre at #2.

This is coming from someone who has played an ogre shaman 1-60 on Red server, own a 60 barb shaman on blue and have leveled a troll shaman 1-53. Troll shamans can also get the snare necklace, an added perk.

I will also go on to say that the winner of the shaman BotB was a troll.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

vah shir has fur, best shammy imo