Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Aviak

I made it all the way to the step where I have to change the eqclient.ini file, yet when I open it in TextEdit the only thing listed on the file is

[Defaults]
Sound=TRUE

Literally, that is all hah. Did I get a faulty download or something?
Old 10-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Skeleton

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for making this happen. I'm an EQMac refugee and I'm trying to get p99 up and running[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've gotten as far as the character selection screen. Everything looks good menu wise, log-in wise, but all that is displayed is the sky and tiny little pixels which float and jump around. I'll try to attach a screenshot.

Any Ideas?

PS Finally! I've been wishing for a boxless server for years on EQMac. So happy to be here[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_16.jpg (93.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

OS X Mavericks just came out...any compatibility issues yet?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Yea just wanted to ask that!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Aviak

Installing Mavericks right now. Will let you know how it turns out!

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingthumper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for making this happen. I'm an EQMac refugee and I'm trying to get p99 up and running[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've gotten as far as the character selection screen. Everything looks good menu wise, log-in wise, but all that is displayed is the sky and tiny little pixels which float and jump around. I'll try to attach a screenshot.

Any Ideas?

PS Finally! I've been wishing for a boxless server for years on EQMac. So happy to be here[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
System specs? Looks like a rendering issue to me...

Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
~Xegony
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Orc

Ive done all of the steps, it runs but it doesnt run for p99 yet because when i go to replace all of the files that are required to be replaced it just crashes when i try to run it again... The files im referring to are the Files V.30 now with the latest patch

Edit-I read some later posts which i should have done in the beginning and i will see if what i found to be fruitful... Yep that worked, if anyone else had such issues i just copied each individual file that were in the subfiles of the latest patch and pasted them in the existing file so it didnt replace the whole file that was already in my EQ folder
Last edited by Ailleian; 10-22-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaaga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Installing Mavericks right now. Will let you know how it turns out!
Runs just as it did in Mountain Lion. No issues!

Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
~Xegony
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailleian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive done all of the steps, it runs but it doesnt run for p99 yet because when i go to replace all of the files that are required to be replaced it just crashes when i try to run it again... The files im referring to are the Files V.30 now with the latest patch

Edit-I read some later posts which i should have done in the beginning and i will see if what i found to be fruitful... Yep that worked, if anyone else had such issues i just copied each individual file that were in the subfiles of the latest patch and pasted them in the existing file so it didnt replace the whole file that was already in my EQ folder
Sounds like you are missing key files. I assume at some point you copy/pasted entire folders (either during original install or with patch items). Maybe you did it correctly with the patch file, but perhaps not with the original install.

1) Make sure you replace all of the files as outlined in the original post. Do NOT just copy over the folder, you have to go IN to the folder, copy the items, then copy them IN to the correct folder. Just copying over folders replaces entire contents (containing key files to run the game).

2) Once you have done that, repeat for the new patch files and folder (again, replacing contents within the folders, not replacing the folders by a simple copy/paste).

Start over. I made this mistake myself but doing it carefully a second time and it worked just fine.

Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
~Xegony
Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Mac noobie here, can I get any of this method working on iphone or ipad?