Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, not for "free mobs", but so that more people can see dragons, gods, and other content they wouldn't get to see otherwise. More people getting to see more classic EQ content is a good thing in my book, and we can have that good thing without "making Blue communist".
What exactly is preventing you, or other guilds, from zoning in to ToV and seeing the content today?

Nothing.

There isn't a zone-lock only allowing certain guilds to zone in.

With the crawl meta dragons sometimes stay up for hours now. On quakes high value targets are staying up for almost 10 hours. If you want to see the content, take some initiative and actually, you know, go to the zones and see the content. Why are you waiting for someone to hand you them?

You can claim it's not about "free mobs" all you like, but the reality is that's exactly what you're asking for. We both know if you killed the content you'd also want the loot. Or are you suggesting you just want to attend some raids to experience the content, but would be quite happy passing on all loot? If so, I'll gladly welcome you along to our next crawl as an honoured guest and you can come and experience the content.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly is preventing you, or other guilds, from zoning in to ToV and seeing the content today?

Nothing.

There isn't a zone-lock only allowing certain guilds to zone in.

With the crawl meta dragons sometimes stay up for hours now. On quakes high value targets are staying up for almost 10 hours. If you want to see the content, take some initiative and actually, you know, go to the zones and see the content. Why are you waiting for someone to hand you them?

You can claim it's not about "free mobs" all you like, but the reality is that's exactly what you're asking for. We both know if you killed the content you'd also want the loot. Or are you suggesting you just want to attend some raids to experience the content, but would be quite happy passing on all loot? If so, I'll gladly welcome you along to our next crawl as an honoured guest and you can come and experience the content.
See it's this whole mentality of "all the mobs on the server should go to the people that are the most hardcore about playing P99's non-EQ competition games and no one else deserves to ever see a dragon" that's the problem. You're making a huge assumption there.

Again, non-classic "competition" games are great, and they're as close as we can get to classic competition on this server, but they don't have to be the only way to assign mobs on the server. And again, they already aren't: Plane of Sky has been "rotated" for years and no one complains about free ranger haste cloaks or shaman FD rings.

What's preventing many people from doing these mobs isn't their inability to play the game of EQ: it's their inability (or lack of desire) to play the competition games. You might believe that only "the deserving (ie. the most hard-core "competitors")" should ever get the joy of killing a dragon: I don't. I think the server would be better off if most mobs where competitive, but there were ways for people that didn't want to wake up to a batphone at 3am to also get their epics or see what Yelinak looks like (and maybe, maybe someday get a piece of Yelinak loot).

Again, I see everything on a spectrum. Changes like earthquakes and rooted dragons on the staff's end, and player-organized raids, player-organized rotations (sky) and player organized rolls (Scout) are all moves away from the competition end of that spectrum, or at least the "the most hardcore competitors deserve everything" end. And every last one of those things has been extremely well received by the community, so I think the server has a lot more interest in alternatives to "competition" than you realize.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-07-2019 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not both? With Green coming out either it or blue could switch to a calendar system while the other is the competitive server. It would also be interesting if when Green launched a 2nd server was also opened. Keep blue as it is and have 1 new server be competitive and 1 new server be calendar based.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:23 PM
Kobold

I'm just going to leave this here.
http://haemish.fortunecity.ws/vision.html

(Forum link is broke it seems and I'm not familiar with dredging up archived pages )

This was karana server council of guilds that worked together so everyone could experience raid content. Larger guilds would step back and watch smallet guilds make attempts and if help was needed, step in to help without expectation of loot.

This worked quite well until the 1.5 epic bottlenecks during luclin in combination with the gms being less active in enforcing PnP.

When PoP hit there became too much content for any given guild to need or even want to monopolize any given target.

Tl[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]r when people aren't selfish greedy a-holes, a cooperative server does work.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just going to leave this here.
http://haemish.fortunecity.ws/vision.html

(Forum link is broke it seems and I'm not familiar with dredging up archived pages )

This was karana server council of guilds that worked together so everyone could experience raid content. Larger guilds would step back and watch smallet guilds make attempts and if help was needed, step in to help without expectation of loot.

This worked quite well until the 1.5 epic bottlenecks during luclin in combination with the gms being less active in enforcing PnP.

When PoP hit there became too much content for any given guild to need or even want to monopolize any given target.

Tl[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]r when people aren't selfish greedy a-holes, a cooperative server does work.
Karana only rotated old world, everything else was ffa.

We were not a hardcore server though, so generally if you setup for a mob nobody would step on your toes and you could have multiple attempts.

1.5 in Luclin? What?
Old 06-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Large Bat

http://forums.hossguild.org/showthre...ation-Schedule
Old 06-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The marketplace is funny looking back. 4k for a Brown chitin protector, 4k for a clay guardian shield, 4k for an advisor robe:
Marketplace
What jumps out to me about that page is the incredibly racist UGO fantasy football ad at the top: "All the talent" accompanied by a white man running the ball, followed by "without the attitude, salary or contracts" accompanied by a black man mean-mugging at the camera.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I played on lanystvyl and thought i was the only one to find this place.

FKoN
Flame on!
Old 06-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Orc

I can't read it but is Coalition of Power on that schedule somewhere? That was my first EQ guild! #nostalgia
Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karana only rotated old world, everything else was ffa.

We were not a hardcore server though, so generally if you setup for a mob nobody would step on your toes and you could have multiple attempts.

1.5 in Luclin? What?
In hindsight i may be remembering something else from luclin, I fondly remember there being a bottleneck for something that the large guilds fought over like the raid scene on p99. I did not double check my memory...

Though I do remember having a rotation for trak, gorn, ToV and tunare.

Thanks for the correction.
Closed Thread