Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 01-28-2022, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A newly buffed mob as of March 14, 2001 when the Planes got an upgrade. Grats on Defenders of Akanon and Silvan Rangers to be the first of any on Fennin Ro to slay this beast!
Submitted by: Keaadas
Defenders of Ak'Anon Guild Site

https://doa4life.tripod.com/DoA4Life/id11.html

Quote:
June 29, 2001

After yet another "emergency patch", we realized that our favorite gimp was back up Cazic Thule. We promptly trekked over to the Plane of Fear and cleared it in short order. As we entered, we heard CT shout "Beware all ye who taint my plane, for I will, oh shit, it is you guys. Please don't kill me again, my ass still hurts from last time." We explained to CT that if he would just hand over his loots and those from Draco and the Golems, then we would leave and raid crushbone and the prick Dvinn. He gave us some of the loots, but we knew he was holding out on us so Otismikfly suggested we bitchslap him with Operation Prosauce. He was promptly owned like the overgrown muddite he is.

Casters were overlooked again with no Brain, Eye, or Robe dropping, only phat melee loots. Cloak of the Fearsome to Dulcinea, Pauldrons of Ferocity to Ariakis and Bigbearh and Choker to Kalten. Drops from the Golems and Draco were kinda crappy. I ninjalooted a Zombie Flesh Bracer and Opis picked up an Amulet of Necropotence. Dawnfire and Bloodfire went to whoever wanted.

-- Kyrak
Kyrak here mentions both the good and bad looted off golem, as well as three drops from CT, yet they only account for one drop from Draco, supporting what the OP has concluded—that the original drops were no longer on its loot table.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010808...drops_pof.html

09:15:45 Aug 8, 2001

Quote:
In March of 2001, the Plane of Fear was re-itemized. As a result, the drops off Cazic Thule and Dracoliche were moved around somewhat. Cazic Thule and Dracoliche now drop all new items. What they previously dropped has been moved to the "demi-gods" of this plane [Fright, Dread, and Terror]. The "demi-gods" have also seen some new changes in that they're all level 55 and about as hard to fight as the old Cazic and Draco used to be. Some pieces have yet to be found, such as several items off the old Cazic Thule [Bladestorm: Katana of Steel Sleet, Bone Clasped Girdle, DawnFire: Morningstar of Light, Puppet Strings, and Shield of Rainbow Hues] and Dracoliche [Bone Razor, Staff of Undead Legions, Withered Totem of Withershims]. The popular theory is that all three "demi-gods" can drop any piece of old Cazic / Draco loot and that we just haven't seen it all drop yet.

The Phoboplasms [aka. Jello] are also somewhat of a mystery. In the past they've been known to drop a few things, such as rogue bracers, ranger greaves, etc. but with the recent changes, we're not entirely sure of what they drop. The common theory is that they drop one of each type of class armor found in the fear and hate planes, but only one type for each piece [eg. ranger greaves, but greaves only].

Various MOBs in this plane are well known for dropping a series of valuable gems, including Diamonds, Blue Diamonds, Black Sapphires, and Jacinths.

A lot of information is still coming in concerning changes to Fear. As a result, some of the information you see below may be wrong. Not all named MOBs drop items, but only one MOB with this name can be in the zone at any one time.

LOWER LEVEL MOBS

NAMED MOBS LEVEL DROPS
Cazic Thule 65 [with level 23 pet] Bile Etched Obsidian Choker, Brain of Cazic Thule, Cloak of the Fearsome, Eye of Cazic Thule, Halo of the Enlightened, Pauldrons of Ferocity, Robe of Inspiration, Vial of Velium Vapors
An Enranged Golem 63+ Green Oil [for Wizard epic quest]
Dracoliche 58 Berserker's Ring, Fearsome Shield, Grotesque Girdle, Shawl of Protection, Zombie Flesh Bracer
Dread 55 Amulet of Necropotence, Spined Dragon Claws, Ball of Everliving Golem, Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer, Crimson Robe of Alendine, Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo, Slime Blood of Cazic Thule [for Necromancer epic quest], Soul Leech: Dark Sword of Blood, Staff of the Earthcrafter
Fright 55 Ball of Everliving Golem, Bloodfire, Box of Nil Space, Crimson Robe of Alendine, Darkwood Trunk, Soul Leech: Dark Sword of Blood, Dark Sword of Blood, Slime Blood of Cazic Thule [for Necromancer epic quest], Staff of the Earthcrafter
Terror 55 Ball of Everliving Golem, Darkwood Trunk, Monsoon: Sword of the Swiftwind, Slime Blood of Cazic Thule [for Necromancer epic quest], Soul Leech: Dark Sword of Blood
Wraith of a Shissir 55 Head of a Serpent [for Enchanter epic quest]
Irak Altil 51 [drops nothing but is part of Paladin epic quest]
A Broken Golem [for Wizard epic, spawns the Enraged Golem when handed a certain item, then depops]
Iksar Child 1 Iksar Child's Tear [for Shaman epic quest]
Iksar Broodling 1

https://web.archive.org/web/20010617...racoliche.html

18:35:44 Jun 17, 2001

Quote:
Dracoliche

Dracoliche
Spawn Location
Plane of Fear

Spawn Time
One Week

Approximate Level

Approximate HP
80,000+

Approximate Damage Per Attack
Up To 600 Per Hit

Dracoliche
Special Abilities
Procs Magi Strike(~1000 DD + Dispell)

Special Resistances
Poison and Magic

Approximate # of Players Needed to Win
18-22

Treasure Hoard
Berserker's Ring
Fearsome Shield
Grotesque Girdle
Shawl of Protection
Zombie Flesh Bracer

Strategies to Defeat Dracoliche
Strategy One
Submitted By: Sluggo Grimsbane, ArchLich of Xegony

Strategy Two
Submitted By: Kaba Odaba, Slayers of Slaw, Quellious

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208...racoliche.html

07:32:04 Feb 08, 2001

Quote:
Dracoliche

Dracoliche
Spawn Location
Plane of Fear

Spawn Time
One Week

Approximate Level

Approximate HP

Up To 235 Per Hit

DracolicheSpecial Abilities
Poison-Based DoT (AoE)
Mass Fear (AoE)

Special Resistances
Submit This Info!

18-22

Treasure Hoard
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone Razor
Monsoon, Sword of the Swifthand
Spined Dragon Claw
Staff of Undead Legions
Withered Totem of Widdershins

Strategies to Defeat Dracoliche
Strategy One

Strategy Two
Submitted By: Kaba Odaba, Slayers of Slaw, Quellious

https://web.archive.org/web/20020414...mob=Dracoliche

09:09:00 Apr 14, 2002

Quote:
Item Name Zone Mob DKP Slots Pic Notes
Berserker's Ring Fearplane Dracoliche 2 FINGER Berserker's Ring
Crimson Robe of Alendine Fearplane Dracoliche 2 CHEST [no pic available (19)]
Grotesque Girdle Fearplane Dracoliche 10 WAIST Grotesque Girdle
Shawl of Protection Fearplane Dracoliche 11 SHLDR Shawl of Protection
Zombie Flesh Bracer Fearplane Dracoliche 8 WRIST Zombie Flesh Bracer
Old 02-16-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

https://deepwaterknight.tripod.com/photek.htm

Quote:
Wednesday.March.14.2001

New Fear, Cazic Down, Fennin Ro First =)
Written By: Credulity
Well, it seems like there was another challenge posed by Everquest today that was overcome by the people of Fennin Ro, that challenge was the new Plane of Fear mobs.
As I arrived, we were just finishing clearing the random mobs after the Dracoliche was downed without a hitch. The new Draco is lvl58 and dropped a few good items (See below). Next came the three minis: Dread, Fright and Terror. Dread and Fright both dropped without much of a hitch, producing some old Cazic loot and a few epic pieces. Terror was next and seemed to be a little bit higher Vox clone, throwing out a few death-touches along with a powerful AoE ice spell. Wiping out a few of us, but we all still prevailed.

Finally after bascially destroying all the Amys in the zone (using AoE and pulling the entire tower at one time) we buffed and readied for the first attempt at Cazic since the revamp of Fear.

First attempt went a little awkward, with Cazic hitting quad 600s and rampaging, along with that disgusting knockback effect that threw us around the zone. I must have spent 50% of the fight running back to CT. Was a fairly decent pull, although we had him quite centered in the zone, producing the death of our tanks one by one until we failed at 45%.

After the rez and rebuff, we decided to give it another shot with a more refined strat (we didn't know what we were getting into with the first fight). At first, Balrok went in for the agro effect on himself, with all the other melees following. Nukes flew, blades swung and people got tossed around until we finally brought him down. Not to mention the killing blow by yours truely. Was a nasty fight, but next time we'll be a little more prepared for it I think.

Grats to all on their rewards for this fine evening, and many thanks to all Defenders of Ak`anon and Silvan Rangers for finally working together as a team to bring down this powerful foe. Hopefully there will be a new beginning for Fennin after this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Draco Loot:
*Berserker Ring - Canable [SR]
*Grotesque Girdle - Unknown
*Zombie Flesh Bracer - Vargis [DoA]

Cazic Loot:
*Bile Etched Obsidian Choker - Talendor [SR]
*Pauldrons of Ferocity - Balrok [DoA]
*Vial of Veilum Vapors - Morgenn [DoA]
Incidentally, an additional item on the new CT loot table (velium vapors) is also mentioned in the previous post...

Quote:
NAMED MOBS LEVEL DROPS
Cazic Thule 65 [with level 23 pet] Bile Etched Obsidian Choker, Brain of Cazic Thule, Cloak of the Fearsome, Eye of Cazic Thule, Halo of the Enlightened, Pauldrons of Ferocity, Robe of Inspiration, Vial of Velium Vapors
I've yet to see this item drop from CT since the revamp; making note of it here, in case it isn't on the loot table even though there isn't as much evidence.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

lets just forget about that one... i cant see how thats not a mistake, but if implemented it would probably take up a loot table spot. And knowing how things tend to go here, it would probably be a common drop lol.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010617...iumvapors.html

Quote:
13:55:46 Jun 17, 2001

Equipment Guide

Vial of Velium Vapors

Picture

This item was found on Cazic Thule in the Plane of Fear.

Submitted By: Fruki

https://web.archive.org/web/20011121...il.asp?ID=3434

Quote:
21:04:23 Nov 21, 2001

Armor Detail - Vial of Velium Vapors

Vial of Velium Vapors
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: Inventory
Effect: Thurgadin Gate (1 charge)
WT: 1
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

MOB: Cazic Thule

Notes: Expendable;

https://web.archive.org/web/20020126...zicthule.shtml

Quote:
21:28:20 Jan 26, 2002

Ultra Spawn

Cazic Thule, Lord of Fear

Spawn Location
Plane of Fear

Spawn Time
One Week

Approximate Level
63+

Approximate HP
150,000+

Quad Attacks for 600 Each, Bashes For 250

Special Abilities
Multiple Harm Touch
Single Target Fear
Single Target Dispell
Area Effect Knockback

Special Resistances
Resistant to Fire and Cold
Lure and Magic Work

30-40

Treasure Hoard
Bile Etched Obsidian Choker
Brain of Cazic Thule
Cloak of the Fearsome
Eye of Cazic Thule
Halo of the Enlightened
Pauldrons of Ferocity
Robe of Inspiration
Vial of Velium Vapors

Strategies to Defeat the Lord of Fear

Strategy One

Strategy Two
Submitted By: Majy of Tarew Marr

Strategy Three: Submit a Strategy!
Submitted By: Your Name/Guild/Server Here

(c) 2001 Above and Beyond Technologies
Old 02-26-2022, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Bumping this because it's some of the best, comprehensive way-back sloothing I've seen on this board. Good job to OP.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

The golems are also supposed to drop specific loot each, not a shared loot table. For example, AoN was only from Dread. On p99 I've seen AoN from Terror. (This was years ago though, it may be fixed now)
Old 02-28-2022, 12:48 PM
Aviak

What always struck me as weird about Draco's loot table on Green is that it was the only post-revamp mob that had a substantially new loot table stacked on top of its old one. Every other raid target I'm aware of that got a substantially new loot table didn't keep its old one - including every other mob in Fear. So it makes sense Draco should not be dropping its pre-revamp loot either.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The golems are also supposed to drop specific loot each, not a shared loot table. For example, AoN was only from Dread. On p99 I've seen AoN from Terror. (This was years ago though, it may be fixed now)
Any evidence for this? I used to farm golems on live during PoP (I think) with my monk when they had the AA ability to resist Death Touch at lvl 65? and I was selling AoNs for plat to buy some raid drop loot rights. I very vividly remember AoN/Slime Blood/Puppet Strings dropping off any and all golems. I know that's a different point in the Time Line but I also don't remember that being changed at any point, and don't see why it would have been.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any evidence for this? I used to farm golems on live during PoP (I think) with my monk when they had the AA ability to resist Death Touch at lvl 65? and I was selling AoNs for plat to buy some raid drop loot rights. I very vividly remember AoN/Slime Blood/Puppet Strings dropping off any and all golems. I know that's a different point in the Time Line but I also don't remember that being changed at any point, and don't see why it would have been.
Eisley has a lot of thoughts and opinions with no evidence to back any of it up. I would take anything he says with a very large grain of salt.