Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Default why do Rangers get a bad rep?

I have a 51 Ranger collecting dust b/c no one wants to group with him. Post your rants and flames against Ranger's here, I want to hear them. I am going on record stating that I will group with Rangers when ever and where ever. I think Ranger's rock.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Kobold

I had a 67 Ranger back in the day that I used to play regular EQ. He would hit around 10k damage with his bow every 3 hits or so. I honestly think that Rangers have the best DPS in the game. I also hit about 200-300 with every hit with my sword, and by level 67 you would hit 3 times with each swing, plus it was dual wield.
Having said that, my Ranger was not as good without the AA's, but still great. Rangers, do get a bad rep, but in EQ classic they are pretty out classed.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Too many monks. Most groups don't need all the tricks that a ranger can perform, which puts rangers in the DPS and pulling categories. 51+ you're in a dungeon where a monk is a better puller & better DPSer.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Ranger's have forgotten how to pull from the few that I have seen. Its very difficult to pull and root, pull and root over and over until your 5-6 deep.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Oh right.. this is RnF. need to add more fuel to the fire.

Rangers suck, period. They suck up 40% more xp then they deserve and provide you with fuck-all compared to a monk, rogue, or hell, even a warrior in str gear.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Most rangers are terrible and complain they cant find groups and are not willing to make their own.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

OMG

Rangers - NOT RANGER'S

http://www.ehow.com/how_4901513_avoi...strophe-s.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Your hands upon upon a dead man's bow and you're looking down the sights. Your heart is warm and seems atoned and they've given you a reason to fight - and you're not gonna take what they've got to give and you're not gonna let 'em take your will to live 'cause they've taken enough and you've given them all you can give and luck won't save them tonight. They've given you a reason to fight.

~Rangers to the end~
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Three ranges walk into a bar.... RANGERS DOWN!!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers are awesome. This community is too much like fucking world of warcraft. Back in the day you picked someone up for a group regardless of class as long as they knew what they were doing. Now the end game is dominated by min/maxing nerds making a big deal out of nothing.
Closed Thread