Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-03-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Mages probably chased all the pop off VZTZ

That's my honest assessment as the box swirls the drain of population, if mage pets behaved like that for so long the GM's are at the minimum incompotent and people see it.

It doesn't even feel like EQ. And of course nerds would all use it to try to gain an advantage making it even more ghetto for casuals just wanting to be a halfling in the shire surnamed hobbins.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Posting about another server pop on dead red forums just screams “please the 6 of you listen to my rant”.

Please seek help. Insanity is no way to go through life.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

I assume class balance is WIP but pop seems good

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Stasis one boxed a rogue with shit gear and a serrated bone dirk in classic, of course he’s gonna complain about pets. Luckily population is still booming and server thriving
Old 02-06-2022, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Stasis is a baby ya but pets have been fucked on every shit box that came out in the last 5 years. Playing classic on RoZ in lguk was ass the pets didn't agro any mobs and didn't have pathing so they would just sink into the floor or walls where you couldn't cast on them while they beat your ass

I don't really expect much better from VZTZ (but I have to played so maybe I'm wrong)
Old 02-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Kringe has always been working and lobbyquesting directly with the GMs in order to "fix mages" on each and every drugbox. This has been going on for 10 years+, if its not pets quadding for max damage and never missing its them being unrootable because Kringe convinced some GM its a good idea to let pets have the same resist as their owner.

I played the latest drugbox, i have not played any of the other last 5 drugboxes and some good improvements have been made.

Positives:

Anti plug code (red should have this)

PVP scoreboard

PVP Flagging system

FFA PVP zones

Insane fast zoning (most likely due to new client?)

"Anti Cheat" not even sure if this works, there are some people on the box surely finding you quickly without track most likely they run a showmq packet sniffer on antother machine or inside a VM which makes it invisible to the anti hax.

The negative

XP is too fast (imo), i like the idea of fast XP early on, but it should slow down drastically after lvl 24 or something like this, to get off the ground early levels. The problem with this insane XP is that the PVP meta instantly becomes too sweaty for warm bodies like me, you can't leave home without full cleric, ench, shaman buffs and since xp is so fast you are expected to have a stable of at least 12 characters at your disposal, it sorta sucks the fun out of the game.

Still massively unbalanced, worse imbalance than i remember old drug boxes being, probably due to pets being so incredible overpowered with a shitty resist code to boot.

Charm/Pets are still completely broken, both overpowered and their pathing is broken.

Resist code seems worse now than it was 10 years ago when i played on the drugbox 2.0.

GM's and developers seem to be adding or removing content based on 1-2 peoples opinions in discord, for example there's a rumor that some mages have a 15% spell haste item, yet this item is nowhere to be found on any pvp vendor, it looks like someone complained that this item was "too good" and then gms removed it from the vendor, but didn't remove the spell from the mages who already purchased it, shit like this seems to be a daily thing on the drugbox.

Many named mobs have searyx'd loot tables (no loot at all), my pal spent 6 hours farming najena wondering why he couldnt find any mage focus items, then went to CT and got them in 5 minutes, lul. (PS we saw you stasis sitting there at Najena Jboot for hours on end, poor guy... searyx'd loot tables are the worst.)

Kunark was pushed out way to quick 3 weeks of classic? a warm body like myself has barely gotten out of cloth and kunark hits
Last edited by Darkone; 02-06-2022 at 11:46 AM..
Old 02-06-2022, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

XP is too fast (imo), i like the idea of fast XP early on, but it should slow down drastically after lvl 24 or something like this, to get off the ground early levels.

GM's and developers seem to be adding or removing content based on 1-2 peoples opinions in discord, for example there's a rumor that some mages have a 15% spell haste item, yet this item is nowhere to be found on any pvp vendor, it looks like someone complained that this item was "too good" and then gms removed it from the vendor, but didn't remove the spell from the mages who already purchased it, shit like this seems to be a daily thing on the drugbox.
Exp was voted on and with close to 300 votes it was 90%/10% in favor of fast exp, you’re in the minority that want “slow exp” no one wants to do classic exp rates in 2022 on a pvp box, level 26 pvp sucks.

Also, the mage item is still on the pvp vendor sorry you’re blind and missed it (or didn’t even look).
Old 02-06-2022, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stasis is a baby ya but pets have been fucked on every shit box that came out in the last 5 years. Playing classic on RoZ in lguk was ass the pets didn't agro any mobs and didn't have pathing so they would just sink into the floor or walls where you couldn't cast on them while they beat your ass

I don't really expect much better from VZTZ (but I have to played so maybe I'm wrong)
Luckily things like pet pathing got fixed but their hit rate was just a bit absurd, hardly ever missed which made for a crappy classic meta. The already powerful classic classes just got even more powerful but it’s already evening out in the first 48 hours of kunark
Old 02-06-2022, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Well that's good I'm glad pets for the 3 weeks of classic were almost OK in 2022
Old 02-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the mage item is still on the pvp vendor sorry you’re blind and missed it (or didn’t even look).
It wasn't in neriak, rivervale or in freeport when we checked last day of classic, but was used by some of the top tier pvp rankers in pvp the same day, seems drugboxy 2 me

As for the xp, it doesn't need to be classic levels of xp, but it takes a day to get 50, seems sorta broken to me. That means everyone needs all character classes in their stable and it feels like red99 instantly where you can just throw bodies at pvp.

The whole lock out mechanic in pvp is literally bypassed by sweaty nerds leveling a million different chars to 50, why even bother having the lockout if there are 10 toons per player and by the time you have died on your last toon you can just summon your body and repeat the process.