Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-19-2022, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Bind Affinity clicky with no charges (unlimited) so non-casters don't have to beg or wait forever to get binds in the more unpopular cities, because while it's classic that they have to have someone bind them it's not classic that places like Qeynos, Halas, Erudin etc. are ghost towns for much of the day.
If I was making a customization I would consider this request by adding a soulbinder NPC that stays in each city for 30 minutes and then walks to the next location.

Erudin, Paineel, Qeynos, Halas, Rivervale, Nek, Freeport, Kaladim, Akanon, Felwith, Kelethin

And then back through each of the cities. This NPC takes the boat.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Darkpaw

Drops from Fippy Darkpaw (Less than one percent drop rate)

Range slot item, One Charge effect of teleport to Qeynos gates, negative faction to Qeynos guards and citizens.
it should put a debuff on you that lasts for 1hr that makes you KOS to qeynos guards and illusion gnoll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was making a customization I would consider this request by adding a soulbinder NPC that stays in each city for 30 minutes and then walks to the next location.

Erudin, Paineel, Qeynos, Halas, Rivervale, Nek, Freeport, Kaladim, Akanon, Felwith, Kelethin

I'd like some merchants that I could bring item drops to, to give me meals that provide stat increases!

Hmm I'd like more merchants, I'd like mechants to sell fine plate at a lower price, so it's actually an upgrade to bronze but not dropped armor, and I'd like some black smiths that could convert items into new items and I'd have to do quests.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Epic quest for official halfling status with an illusion halfling mask from the Mayor.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it should put a debuff on you that lasts for 1hr that makes you KOS to qeynos guards and illusion gnoll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Illusion Gnoll debuff coupled with the port would be amazing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic quest for official halfling status with an illusion halfling mask from the Mayor.
It would be all about wearing some kind of ridiciulous foot equippable all/all BAG and collecting ground spawn vegetables and herbs from every region in Norrath.

It would also require you to TYPE into the text box long stories about halfling lore in order to progress the quest (no simple 1 word in paranthesis triggers for NPCs)

The lore is mostly gossip about NPC's in rivervale

But now we're talking about the dreamland custom / vanilla server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
foot equippable all/all BAG
i am dead

Quote:
It would also require you to TYPE into the text box long stories about halfling lore in order to progress the quest (no simple 1 word in paranthesis triggers for NPCs)
"Hail."

"Would be [cool] to have a ton of these [brackets] in your text and for there to be a bunch of random [combinations] of ways that the NPC would say quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the [correct brackets] or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the [quest] response text that you could spam, but also you could [put] text in there that would void the quest [back] to step 1 if you got it wrong, so yea [players] would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely complicated quest response in an already broken quest response system that eq [questing] is right now lol that'd be great and [painful]."

"Hail."

"[Would] be cool to have a ton [of these] brackets in your [text] and for there to be a bunch of [random] combinations of ways that the [NPC] would say quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the correct brackets or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the quest [response] text that you could [spam], but also you could put text in there that would void the quest back to step 1 if you got it wrong, so yea players would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely [complicated] quest response in an already broken quest response system that eq [questing] is right now lol that'd be [great] and painful."

"Hail."

"Would be cool to have a [ton] of these brackets in your text and for there to be a [bunch] of random combinations of ways that the NPC would [say] quest text and so you actually had to read it and find all the correct brackets or at the very best copy and paste like 10 different variations of the quest response text that you could spam, but also you could put text in there that would void the quest back to step 1 if you [got it wrong], so [yea] players would actually have to read and bracket out and say exactly the correct insanely complicated quest response in an already broken quest response system that [eq] questing is right now [lol] that'd be great and painful."

This quest would suck! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-19-2022 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's just as bad as standing around waiting for someone capable of binding and that won't ignore you.

It was never a problem in classic because of the number of players everywhere. Even Erudin. Took a few minutes to get a bind.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

It's not supposed to be easy, but it is supposed to be not impossible. You could ask other people in the zone when the last time they saw the soul binder so you know how long you have to wait because he always runs on schedule which would at least allow you to play an alt for a while.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

I'm all for a soulbinder but not one that you'll be lucky to see where you need it at the time you're playing. Consider for a minute that I may only have an hour or two at most to play when I get home from work...