Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Randomize scout spawn location in 50 yard radius.

Same timer random close spawn location.
Last edited by cukazi; 09-25-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well a few things.

1. If there's a random, anyone with amiable faction can show up and random. You're talking about 100~ people potentially. That makes this quest suck a lot. People will also come back day after day. You can show up 100 days and continue losing the random. Whether you view that as an issue or not is up to you.

2. There is almost no poopsocking involved, that's why this is a fantastic quest. You show up 2-3 minutes before the spawn. If you lose, you can come back again next spawn. You aren't forced to sit there for 8 hours straight to try and get the mob. It's a known spawn and no one wastes their time sitting there 24/7. This is one of the best qualities of the quest, it's a quick in and out no staring at a wall for hours. 2-3 minutes and you're done.

3. Staff won't enforce this as it's more work for them. Which comes down to player enforcement. Which has worked thus far on Coldain Ring but again that has a higher barrier to entry. You need to do 7 quests first. Anyone with amiable faction can do this and the consequence of failure is nothing. Leading to a lot more people as mentioned in #1 and therefore more chance for a dumb person to turn in even when they lost the roll.

@Juvento, I'm sure Taken can get behind a no standing on spawn agreement. The problem is if anyone breaks this then everyone has to break it to have a shot. So it needs to be followed 100% by all attendees. If that can be done, glorious.
1) I guess I just don't draw a distinction between losing a random and losing the click-fest. Neither is very skill based. They both suck, but one of them is less vulnerable to hacking.

2) Totally with you here. This camp seems like its pretty easy to not sock. I was thinking more like Lodi/Rage/Raids.

3) I guess if this was the only problem, that staff didn't enforce player made solutions because doing so would require too much staff involvement, then I would, if it would help, put in an app to handle community contracts. For example, if the community decided that this spawn would be handled by /randing 1000 in the 5-10 minutes before scout pops, i would volunteer to address those issues.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread needs to be moved to RNF
Old 09-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Why does this thread need to go to RnF? The goal is to make this encounter more civil. I've already signed BDA up for no spawn point sitting.

Taken sounds like they are up for it. That leaves Asgard and Forsaken. It would be great to get some buy in from your guild to fix this issue.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 09-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Every guild blames all the other guilds for Scout CFs. It's everyone's fault. Myself and my guild included. It started out civil but once a few people started ducking on spawn, it became a theme. This was mostly due to the fact that the duckers were getting all the turnins. You are not going to get anyone to agree to be XX away from spawn as long as 1 or 2 idiots are going to break the "agreement" and duck/stand on spawn.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

just ban all ogres and trolls from being able to complete the quest and no one would complain.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-26-2015, 12:43 AM
Kobold

One huge problem is people turning the item in for their guild when they no longer need items from the quest. It should only people the person who is looting the item doing the turn in. Not player a turns in then guild decides who gets loot. I wish they could make it so only the person who turned the item in could loot the quest item.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Why punish people trying to help their guildies?

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-26-2015, 12:59 AM
Kobold

Because it adds to the cluster. If everyone did the turn in for just them rather than 12 people turning in then awarding the loot like a raid mob it would cut down on the amount of people. I know for a fact there is people who already have all the items they need from the quest, yet show up nightly and do the turn in, they then either run the character they want to get the item on, or switch over to loot. If they stopped this, and only the turn in person could loot, there would be far less people at each turn in, so you could finish your quest and not come back, or come back as just a helper.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 AM
Banned

Randomize spawnpoint. Problem solved next thread.
Closed Thread