Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Default SRo AC FTE clarification

Just looking for some quick clarification on the FTE rules as they relate to the AC in SRo, per a scenario that occurred about an hour ago. This felt a little "gray" to me, so I'd like to know for sure, should something like this ever happen again.

AC popped, and the closest person to him didn't realize it, as he was on the other side of a dune. Being a DRU, I got track up, threw up Spirit of the Cheetah, and took off after him. A third individual must have seen me take off like lightning and made chase. I made it within casting range and began... or so I thought... to cast Engorging Roots. Unfortunately, my mouse has been acting up recently, and the associated hotkey doesn't always fire unless firmly pressed. In the heat of the moment, I had completely forgotten about this, and only realized I wasn't actually casting after a good second or so. Tried again, failed again. Third time was the charm, though!

At this point I had been visibly standing in front of AC for a good 2 seconds, and visibly casting for around half of that. Obviously attempting to engage. The third individual shows up with a Wand of Frost Bolts (instacast nuke) and manages to get a clicky off about half a second before my cast completed.

My impression of the rules are that first damage is more important than obvious intent, at least as it pertains to a randomspawn like the AC. Is this correct, or should I have attempted to contest the spawn? I was fortunate enough to snag a kill yesterday around this time as well to finally get a buddy of mine a pair of Jboots, so I was content in just letting this one go without much of a fuss (although I was quick to let the guy know how fortunate he was that Razer is my brand of choice in gaming peripherals. Maybe not for too much longer.)
Old 01-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Damage is irrelevant. FTE just requires agro, first. Could have made mob hit you or w/e. If the other guy got agro first, you lost. Sorry.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-18-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty much what Cecily said.

Sorry for your misfortune, I use a Razer Naga and I love it. I have never had any problems with it either.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

I have problems with my razer, if i let it install its software the mouse goes completely dead
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

This is the riveting backstory of the trials and tribulations of a new top Raid FTEer.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have problems with my razer, if i let it install its software the mouse goes completely dead
Logitech man
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the riveting backstory of the trials and tribulations of a new top Raid FTEer.
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Get them hooked while they're young.
Kobold

Ahh, agro it is then. Noted for the future, thanks all.

... and yea, Razer Naga here as well. This is actually the second one I've had to develop problems. Typically it presents itself as pressing the button twice, rather than not at all, but as of the last couple of days that is what it has become. I gave it a couple solid flicks with my finger after this incident and it's functioning noticeably better. Might just be something in there gunking up the switch this time, rather than whatever causes the double-press.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

I like to hotkey a root net for situations like this.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

I like to just run up and let them start hitting me and then run out of range before I start casting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread