Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

The allure to a new p99 pvp box is stability, even though they have dumb shit like LNS, 1 hotbar, no bufftimers etc. The brand brings the pop.

I had a blast on RoZ but the gms change the rules based on who cries the loudest, and its glitchy.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh buff timers were a big RIP as a cleric rolling around heavy duty with full buffs means I gotta stay extra vigilant and smart now.

Love the classic. Its more classic.

All the dumb numerical data that made no sense from a roleplaying perspective makes sense.

In real life its really hard to target 1 mob in a huge pile of zerging gnolls

Is /assist classic?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:01 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppinnRazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The allure to a new p99 pvp box is stability, even though they have dumb shit like LNS, 1 hotbar, no bufftimers etc. The brand brings the pop.

I had a blast on RoZ but the gms change the rules based on who cries the loudest, and its glitchy.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

the allure is a server that wasn't based on exploits, bugs and non-classic code.

Welcome to project 1999
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Aviak

RoZ sucked ass compared to the way red99 felt but red99 has obviously been dead for years so it was decently enjoyable for a few weeks.

I dunno why renly and jeremy think the formula was "right". Population peaks were never the same as red99 and player retention was low with every expansion. But I guess you had more people playing it then red99 after the 3rd year of velious, sooo ya theres that. Lol.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Goog times dudez
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RoZ sucked ass compared to the way red99 felt but red99 has obviously been dead for years so it was decently enjoyable for a few weeks.

I dunno why renly and jeremy think the formula was "right". Population peaks were never the same as red99 and player retention was low with every expansion. But I guess you had more people playing it then red99 after the 3rd year of velious, sooo ya theres that. Lol.
Red99 was successful because it piggy backed off of the credibility of blue99. Everyone knew it would be the best coded pvp server as far as pve goes. Renly and them started with nothing so of course they didn't have the hype. If you look at the server now it is in really good shape code wise. I am surprised they had the population they did for so long while coding was bad. People enjoyed having better pvp rules so much more than having good coding that RoZ had more players than red99.

It provided much better guild vs guild pvp then Red99 ever had. For a while there were 20-30 real people in both top guilds fighting for hours over targets every week for several months. Red99 produced a handful of large scale guild vs guild fights over 7 years.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

When I quit playing people were abusing the anti train code to ghost through zones. Still much code work to do.

Server did however provide many times that were on par with my best times on red. Legal training was cool, forced guilds to problem solve.

But I'm ready for a sturdy p99 box.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

we doing "play nice policy" once again with no gm intervention?
shiiet

just make sure you are the ones training first and you'll be fine
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppinnRazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I quit playing people were abusing the anti train code to ghost through zones. Still much code work to do.

Server did however provide many times that were on par with my best times on red. Legal training was cool, forced guilds to problem solve.

But I'm ready for a sturdy p99 box.
The anti train code wouldn't allow anyone to ghost through a zone. It made it so aggro wouldn't transfer to someone else, but the aggro would still be on whoever originally got aggro through the entire zone. I like hard code fixes to grief and not making rules people have to willingly follow or they get banned. Either way, that was something that was put in a couple weeks before everyone quit so it was pretty insignificant throughout the timeline. The server was already over by then.

No matter how well coded Red99 2.0 is if they implement some play nice policy where they are banning people for stuff like training I will not end up playing it. That was the worst part of Red99 for me. The power the GMs had by enforcing rules however they wanted lead to way too much corruption and /petitions.
Closed Thread