Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Getting a better connection to Project 1999

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to know what is the normal connection speed of the players / guides, and how to make them better.

would changeing our DNS to project 1999's DNS help?
FYI make your DNS a public DNS like

8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (googles)

208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

or check out more here
https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-pu...ervers-2626062

also setting and ARP table exclusions: in our firwall/router set it to block SOE server on UDP port 9000 ie...

If I wanted to set a static rout for the project 1999 servers do you give that information out? Or just the p99 DNS to better help users.

How can we help/get better connection to project 1999 servers?

Please feel free to move to where you see fit IE General but I feel its a very Technical question.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

I would be willing to bet if you run a traceroute to project1999.com you would see that the highestly latency you have it getting out of your home, off your ISP..

Granted that is the IP to the webserver, I wouldn't doubt its much different than the game server. You are in texas, and the P99 servers are east coast, so I would suspect you should see 20-40ms latency each hop once your traffic hits the ISPs public backbone. What type of connection speeds are you getting? expecting?

What is your ISP bandwidth, connection type (wired , wireless, LTE etc..).so many other factors to account for before looking to statically route to an IP you will never be given [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Wink Informational Tech article

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be willing to bet if you run a traceroute to project1999.com you would see that the highest latency you have it getting out of your home, off your ISP..

Granted that is the IP to the webserver, I wouldn't doubt it's much different than the game server. You are in texas, and the P99 servers are east coast, so I would suspect you should see 20-40ms latency each hop once your traffic hits the ISPs public backbone. What type of connection speeds are you getting? expecting?

What is your ISP bandwidth, connection type (wired , wireless, LTE etc..).so many other factors to account for before looking to statically route to an IP you will never be given [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ISP Frontier:Fiber up to 500mb. I run a 100/100 run a full cat6 runs (tested capable of 10G)
D-Mark>Switch>Firewall>Switch>Desktop of course VLan here and there. (sub 5 Nodes) public DNS Residential Run. Get around 60ms latency ~ 70 in EC on Friday under heavy spams.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At a different location LEVEL 3 up to 1GB with a 15/15. 40ms~50ms hosted DNS/public (50 Nodeish) (dedicated lines)

about 12 Hops for me to the web server. Average 30ms Highest 50ms

This is more of an informational Tech article idea I wanted to See.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 07-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like someone is trying to improve transaction times on their auction (stock) bots:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_la...apital_markets)

I think all our connections should be throttled to 56.6k. It's classic!

On topic though - I'm east coast and pretty much on the backbone. On wireless I usually see about 40ms in the F11 status thingy, and most of that is my internal disaster-that-works-fine network.

-Mcoy
Old 07-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Post WinMTR results after running it for like a minute and we'll figure it out.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post WinMTR results after running it for like a minute and we'll figure it out.
Ok I will gather the information, I am not complaining by any means my connection is quality I think.

And nah no auction bots I would just do whatever everyone else does and sell the gear to merchants. I love walking up to merchants and seeing odd items.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 07-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Lol, it was just a high-speed trading pun. Good luck with your investigation.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, it was just a high-speed trading pun. Good luck with your investigation.
MTR (software) aka
My traceroute, originally named Matt's traceroute (MTR) is a computer program which combines the functions of the traceroute and ping programs in one network-diagnostics tool.

i was going to see if i could do an iperf test...but thats a little out of line.

O auction bot thingy i get ya.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Last edited by Goodest; 07-28-2017 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: another post.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

There is always an option of choosing dns servers including the open dns server.

Source: Technofizi
Old 06-21-2018, 05:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default jajajaj

Nice Article.
Click here l Click here l Click here l Click here