Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you play an enchanter, you can illusion to any race you want (or husband doesn't want you) to be.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the Server! Like you I am new here, tried to play years ago but could not get the client to run, fast forward some years and here I am, If you ever see me around send me a tell if I am nearby, currently a 11 druid working hard to pay for level 14 spells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Community here so far has been awesome and very supportive, hope your stay here is good and long lasting!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 04-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome! Pick what you truely want it is a long journey to 60 (expect 2 to 3 months at least with daily play) It can be done faster but only with lots of power leveling from bards. So if your not happy with what you make and level it up it's a long journey to correct it
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-19-2018, 09:05 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! Pick what you truely want it is a long journey to 60 (expect 2 to 3 months at least with daily play) It can be done faster but only with lots of power leveling from bards. So if your not happy with what you make and level it up it's a long journey to correct it
Makes sense to me!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I really like this bit of advice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nothing like leveling a class everyone tells you "will get better eventually" that you do not enjoy to lose interest.

I believe at this stage , personally , that the journey and not the destination is usually what truly fulfils you, specially on something like Everquest.

One of the many things I have always enjoyed about this game is how endless it is when you look at it from a certain perspective.

Like many moments in life, it ends up being a nice receptacle for good moments shared with those amazing but rare PUGs and the fun convos you get with others around the game.

Again, this is what I believe personally, it obviously is very wildly different for others, but Everquest, oh man, this game is flawless in that regard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Vormotus, please never change.

When I see new people like you, full of hope and childlike delight, it makes me happy. Please pretend that raiding does not exist here and remain a newbie forever. Peter Pan style, but in Norrath.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Haha luckily my dad was huge into computer gaming when EverQuest came out, I was 9 years old, and I only got to play at his house every other weekend. I couldn't WAIT to go to his house and play. In fact, my first computer that I could play EQ on had a black and white monitor. That's right. I played EQ with a black and white monitor for something like 3-4 months!

Anywho, do NOT worry about what the end game raid scene is like. You will be more than capable of completing your epic.

I'm not really an MMO guy, i played WoW casually.. i'm more of a FPS/Moba type person.. however EverQuest (p99) is probably the most rewarding game I have ever played. Most of that comes from the interactions you have with other players on a constant basis. Most other MMO's nowadays is like playing a Single player game with a bunch of bots that do not speak to each other.

Enjoy the ride! Let me know if yall need help with anything!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vormotus, please never change.

When I see new people like you, full of hope and childlike delight, it makes me happy. Please pretend that raiding does not exist here and remain a newbie forever. Peter Pan style, but in Norrath.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Aww ty!

I just try to enjoy the game, have fun and just try to explore it with wonderment after all this time, because right now it really makes me happy.

I will follow your advice and just avoid anything bad even when I make it to the endgame here, if not I give you permission to berate me here and ingame! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Big hugz to you Pope Hat!

Have a wonderful time in and out of game!

Cheers!
[center]
Old 04-22-2018, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Knowing what I know about the game, if I had that knowledge and had a husband who told me to not play an Ogre shaman I wanted I would be divorcing them right then and there.

Not only was it the class I wanted its one of the most badass characters that can be created.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Large Bat

I got my IP exemption, so I am running around in the Gnome starting area as Squeesh

Say hi sometime! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread