Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Default Test Serve Proposal?

I seem to have hit my head up against a brick wall as of late on class/race/stat selection. I was wondering how hard it would be (or if it's feasible) to have a test server where we could just copy p99's code over and grant ourselves levels, skills, gear, spawns and locations nearly instantly.

That way, we could do some heavy theorycrafting but backed by real scenarios. For example, say I dislike Iksars, but I want to be able to solo certain things, and I realistically will only achieve a certain gear threshold. I could test it out on the server in minutes with differing gear levels and decide whether or not it's feasible to roll human and still achieve my goals.

It's just kinda soul-crushing to invest 500+ hours into something and realize that you wish you'd done something else, and to re-level a class all over again, to then realize that you made another mistake, and another 1000 hours later, etc etc.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Reroll if you want to try new things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Theory craft with P99's Wiki Magelo
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

I'd recommend the Dey`break TLP servers, much easier.

Also ask on the forums here if you want to save that time, most people are knowledgable to tell you recommended stats for class/race combos (beyond the wiki's recommendations)
Old 05-21-2020, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

I don't believe such a test server would be classic.

/testbuff gave you level 25 and roughly Sol Ro tier gear, and I believe it may not have even been in game until Luclin.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

P99 is eq at its finest, this is about the community and adventure. With EQ if you have a goal or a vision you have to put in the hours and at the end of your journey you may realize your choices leading to this point were a poor. That's EQ life.

Not to be blunt but there is no need to discuss this because it will never happen and should never happen.

Trial and error is the name of the game. Play to win or play to have fun, its all up to the adventurers.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 AM
Kobold

I bet if you gave specifics someone here has already run your scenario and could answer.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to have hit my head up against a brick wall as of late on class/race/stat selection. I was wondering how hard it would be (or if it's feasible) to have a test server where we could just copy p99's code over and grant ourselves levels, skills, gear, spawns and locations nearly instantly.

That way, we could do some heavy theorycrafting but backed by real scenarios. For example, say I dislike Iksars, but I want to be able to solo certain things, and I realistically will only achieve a certain gear threshold. I could test it out on the server in minutes with differing gear levels and decide whether or not it's feasible to roll human and still achieve my goals.

It's just kinda soul-crushing to invest 500+ hours into something and realize that you wish you'd done something else, and to re-level a class all over again, to then realize that you made another mistake, and another 1000 hours later, etc etc.
I can answer your question for you. Don't play a race you dislike looking at. That is mistake #1 in Everquest.
Closed Thread