Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Yet Another Green Question to Ponder: ZEMs

P99 has long had unclassic ZEMs (Zone Experience Modifiers), apparently with the logic that most people didn't know exact ZEMs on live (only cheaters who used ShowEQ ... which is how we know today what the classic ZEMs were), so the devs changed them here to be more mysterious.

But with Green being a return to the true classic experience, do you think we'll get classic (or at least more classic) ZEMs, the exact same unclassic Blue ones, or something new (so that we really don't know what they are this time)?

My vote is to bring back the classic ZEMs: the original decision was made long ago, and it doesn't seem to fit the rest of P99. If we have unclassic recharging, OT hammers, 24/7 guise camps, etc. because "that's how it worked on live (even though 99.9% of the server didn't know about those things at the time)", then doesn't the same logic apply to ZEMs?

99.9% didn't know then, but a similar percentage do now (and yet even so, Green emulates what classic was, not how people remembered it)?

My opinion is, why not make Green have classic ZEMs just as it has classic everything else? But regardless of my opinion, what do you think the devs will do?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2019 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I would be cool to have dynamic ZEM. if a zone isn't really being utilized, ZEM goes up. Really popular zones have ZEM go down. But the numbers still aren't revealed.

I think having publically known ZEM is just going to cause everyone to crowed the same few dungeons even more than they do now.

Speaking of which, is there ANY data, or theories, about blue server ZEMs? I am new here and havent seen anything
Old 09-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

ZEM's are the most highly kept secret in P99, like the actual coke recipe inr eal life. I bet rogean and nilbog can't fly on the same flight together in case it crashes and no one else will ever know the ZEM's.

Rotating zem is, you guess it, not classic (though personally it would be great if ZEMs were rotated to unknown zones every week and people needed to figure out which zone was the hot one of the week by XPing in different places till its found).
Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

So, classic ZEMs on Green, unclassic ("custom") rotating ZEMs on Blue, and everyone wins? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Banned

not classiC
Old 09-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

I hope all the high ZEM zones are also great to AoE kite in, so we can see some good RnF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Mistmoore/Highkeep/CoM/Seb/HS should have 0% ZEM

Kedge/BlackBurrow/Runnyeye/Dalnir/Nurga should have 200% ZEM
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

I wish they would rotate ZEMs on blue. Would get people grouping in a lot of different zones and experience more content that classic-velious has to offer instead of the usual xp routes that we have now like unrest,com,seb,kc etc.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Closed Thread